1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See link:

http://www.sportsline.com/u/cbs/sche...l_football.htm

MODERATORS NOTE:

I have it directly from the highest possible source at CBS that the info on the web site is not correct.

They are hopeful of renewing the SEC Game of the Week in HDTV, but it is still a work in progress.

All the comments in this topic prior to Sunday 4/27/03 at 4pm ET were made before this information was available.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You would think there would be a press release on this.

I'm not sure I trust one bullet above the season schedule as a full commitment.

Anyone have better confirmation?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by phishken1
nice list upcoming games... but where are my Sooners on that list?

You should know better.... we (the Big12) has a crappy TV contract. Were stuck waiting for ABC to get off theit collective asses with college football.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by duffin
I'll check with CBS.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Unless CBS upholds its threat about ending HD until the broadcast flag issue is settled, I don't doubt the legitimacy of this. The CBS Sportsline site had the most accurate HD listings concerning CBS sports of any source I used last season. Also, they've done the games in HD two years (maybe more?) running now. I don't think every game on that list will be in HD, but the primary SEC games will be. That much seems certain.

God, it's not even May and we're already talking NCAA football. :D

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
This is great news the only thing better will be once these games are over we can flip to ESPNHD and catch the Saturday night games.

But then again I could be wishing for to much.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Great looking schedule that is sure to brighten up my fall Saturday afternoons! My only remorse stems from the fact that CBS is limited to the SEC.

Go Bucks..........

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
This will likely put the kibosh on NFL HDTV again this year. If so, then this sucks. I don't give a hoot about college football.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by duffin
You would think there would be a press release on this.

I'm not sure I trust one bullet above the season schedule as a full commitment.

CBS owns 39.9 % of SportsLine.com common stock. The two companies have had a long standing contract for SportsLine.com to publish CBS Sports information.

I believe that anything they publish regarding CBS sports programming can be interpreted as the eqivalent of a CBS press release. It certainly has been true in the past.

If you require confirmation of the corporate connection, see:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030402/flw006_1.html

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Football is one of my favorite sports to watch. I love the NFL and the AFL, I even enjoyed watching the XFL and the USFL when it was on. However when it comes to Collage football, I just can't get into it. With the chance to see it in HD it would seem that I would enjoy watching such college games. For some reason, when collage football was on HDNet, I just could not get into it and the same will probably be true with the collage lineup on CBS.

Looking at the list of games, I notice it's mostly made up of teams from the South.

What gives?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjbjr
I believe that anything they publish regarding CBS sports programming can be interpreted as the equivalent of a CBS press release. It certainly has been true in the past.[/url]
Unfortunately, this time it's not true, at least not yet. See my edit in the initial post of this topic, above.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Unfortunately, this time it's not true, at least not yet. See my edit in the initial post of this topic, above.
Thanks Ken! I knew you'd check out the validity of this one.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts

Originally posted by Thebarnman

However when it comes to Collage football, I just can't get into it. With the chance to see it in HD it would seem that I would enjoy watching such college games. For some reason, when collage football was on HDNet, I just could not get into it and the same will probably be true with the collage lineup on CBS.

Barnman-

That's "College" my good man.:D

Probably the reason you did not like HDNet's HD broadcasting of "collage" (sic) football is that they put on gargantuan titans like Colgate VS. Temple and Utah State VS. Navy.:rolleyes:

Bring on real NCAA football in HD.:cool:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thebarnman
Looking at the list of games, I notice it's mostly made up of teams from the South.

What gives?
I was going to make that same observation! If i read some of the other posts correctly it is because ABC (and to some extent NBC) has the better colleges tied up (Big 10, Pac12 etc.).

...mike

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WOLVERNOLE
Bring on real NCAA football in HD.:cool:
Bring on real football in HD. NFL is real football.

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
This will likely put the kibosh on NFL HDTV again this year.
If the SEC info was true, which it's not, I would say "Not necessarily". CBS is shooting for both a re-up of the SEC games and a NFL HD game (or 2) of the week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.