AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm watchin the game right now, my first time seeing any sports in HD. i'm very disappointed after spending all this money, please tell me its not always like this. the low motion is incredible, so sharp. but when ever a play is running, there are very noticable artifacts.

and after a play when they show a very zoomed in shot of a player moving swiftly, literally, the entire screen is blocking, especially their shirts. it looks just aweful.

i have a sony sat-hd200 on a pioneer sd-533hd5.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
At least you're getting the GAME!! KIRO in Seattle is just broadcasting about five hours of paid advertising! Didn't even get the Duke-UCLA basketball game in HD like they advertised.

Not even one MINUTE of HD sports for us today!!!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by norxh
i'm watchin the game right now, my first time seeing any sports in HD. i'm very disappointed after spending all this money, please tell me its not always like this. the low motion is incredible, so sharp. but when ever a play is running, there are very noticable artifacts.

and after a play when they show a very zoomed in shot of a player moving swiftly, literally, the entire screen is blocking, especially their shirts. it looks just aweful.

i have a sony sat-hd200 on a pioneer sd-533hd5.
In Detroit & Boston, there are no artifacts. Is your local CBS station multicasting? In other words, do they have more than one digital channel?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, its good to know that this isn't expected. they have just one digital channel.

either its the station or my hd200. i'll pray its the station. there is someone from my local cbs affiliate that frequents the forum. hopefully he will have something to say about it.

i will have hdnet to compare with next week end hopefully. im going to have get the ladder out and put up the oval dish.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I noticed it on a few close ups of players moving swiftly as well. I am in New York and saw it on WCBS-DT over the air. I have a Hughes E86.

I did not, however, think it was a big deal. It was just a few times for me and only on the close ups.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm still seeing the behavior on Robbery Homicide Divison. my local affiliate acknowledged the problem, and they are working on it. :)
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinivey
...By the way the actual game stinks!
hahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look great in Atlanta!

·
Registered
396 Posts
looked really good in philly, no complaints whatsoever!

have to hand it to CBS for a great broadcast.....HD replays, decent camera views, seemed like they had a decent number of hd cameras there too. too bad the game was such a bust, guess it balances out with the excitement of the arkansas game on friday!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Pictures and the Game were beautiful here, ANOTHER Georgia HD WIN. My RCA DTC100 showed the Great Trouncing of Ga Tech just fine. I can see where it must have been boring for most to watch, but we do have a great team this year - Just Wait.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 38310 in Dayton OH. I just posted a thread about this on the DirectView sets thread. It must be the station huh? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.