AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting intermittent red vertical lines on the left side of the screen on Comcast WBBM-HD? It happens on commercials and network programming. It is near the left side of what would be the 4:3 picture. Noticed it both today and last week during football playoffs. Have not seen on any other HD channel (comcast or directv).

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes, this has been happening on the OTA feed as well for a week or two now.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Whew - I thought my set was starting to go nutty on me.

Yeah, I see the sporadic red lines across the left side of the screen, too. It's been going on for about a week now. Hopefully WBBM_TOM will see this and comment on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, I'm getting them too - on occasion. I was worried that it was my set, but it only happens on WBBM (OTA or via Comcast - doesn't matter).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any problems with NBC (8) tonight? I'm just setting up HD for the first time and I'm not picking it up at ALL, even though I can get everything else (41,3,17...) crystal clear. The antennas are in the same general location, right? I've tried totally messing w/my antenna and can not get ANY signal with NBC.?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Last night they turned to blue lines.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm getting the blue lines also. Has anyone heard or know anything about the cause??

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jim_green_1
i havent noticed anything OTA... does it depend on your receiver?
Same here. Nothing showing up OTA. There have been some brief instances of (about 6 units) lower signal lately with a few minor glitches, but no lines. (Receiver: built-in RCA DCT-100)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jim_green_1
i havent noticed anything OTA... does it depend on your receiver?
I've seen the blues and we have the same receiver. Now if the other posters would fill in their equipment profiles,......

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kakster
Sorry. Profile updated.
Thanks. It takes guts to admit you own that antenna.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I bought it before I discovered AVSforum, and it does get me 5, 7, 11 and 32 consistently. After all the bills for the other stuff and D*, I figured I would save the $300 it would take to install a Winegard just for cbs/wgn. I get CBS from Comcast (and soon D*?). I'll just hope for WGNDT on Comcast by Cubs season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.