·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBS HD Programming Updates:

SEPTEMBER 29, 2003

RE: 2003/2004 NFL FOOTBALL REGULAR SEASON - HDTV GAME UPDATE

***********ATTENTION HDTV STATIONS***********

AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED, CBS’S PRIMARY GAME EACH WEEK OF THE 17-WEEK 2003 NFL ON CBS REGULAR SEASON WILL BE AVAILABLE IN HIGH DEFINITION.

HE FOLLOWING LISTS THE NFL GAME TO BE BROADCAST IN HDTV FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS OF THE SCHEDULE.

SUN., OCT. 5 MIAMI @ NY GIANTS

*SUN., OCT. 12 PITTSBURGH @ DENVER

*DENOTES ADDITION

***********IMPORTANT NOTES***********

THE PRIMARY GAME WILL BE THE ONLY GAME AVAILABLE IN HD.

YOU MAY ONLY TELEVISE THE HD GAME ON YOUR DIGITAL CHANNEL IF IT IS THE GAME ASSIGNED TO YOUR STATION UNDER THE STANDARD REGIONALIZATION PROCEDURES.

IF YOU ARE NOT ASSIGNED THE PRIMARY GAME PRODUCED IN HD, YOU WILL NEED TO UP-CONVERT THE GAME YOU ARE ASSIGNED FOR SIMULTANEOUS BROADCAST ON YOUR ANALOG AND DIGITAL CHANNELS.

WE WILL ALERT YOU OF SUBSEQUENT PRIMARY GAMES AVAILABLE IN HD (AND ANY CHANGES) AS SOON AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY CBS SPORTS.

***SURROUND SOUND REMINDER***

NFL FOOTBALL IS AVAILABLE IN DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 CHANNEL SURROUND SOUND FOR THOSE STATIONS THAT ARE EQUIPPED TO DO SO -- PLEASE REMIND YOUR MASTER CONTROL TO SWITCH FROM STEREO TO 5.1 SURROUND SOUND.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AFFILIATE RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND MAKE SURE YOUR WEEKEND MASTER CONTROL AND OPERATIONS PERSONNEL ARE AWARE OF THE ABOVE.

BEST REGARDS,

DIANE KURI

DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS & OPERATIONS

CBS/UPN AFFILIATE RELATIONS

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SEPTEMBER 30, 2003

RE: CBS MOVIES/MINI-SERIES

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2003 - HDTV UPDATE

PLEASE BE ADVISED THE FOLLOWING CBS MOVIES/MINI-SERIES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN HDTV:

SUN, OCTOBER 5 BLESSINGS

SUN, OCTOBER 12 FOOTSTEPS

*SUN, OCTOBER 19 JACKIE COLLINS' HOLLYWOOD WIVES: THE NEW GENERATION

*SUN, OCTOBER 26 WHAT WOMEN WANT

*SUN, NOVEMBER 9 THE ELIZABETH SMART STORY

*SUN, NOVEMBER 16 THE REAGANS, PART 1

*TUE, NOVEMBER 18 THE REAGANS, PART 2

*SUN, NOVEMBER 23 FALLEN ANGEL

*DENOTES ADDITIONS.

BEST REGARDS,

EVA FATTAHI

COORDINATOR,

COMMUNICATIONS & OPERATIONS

CBS/UPN AFFILIATE RELATIONS

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:
IF YOU ARE NOT ASSIGNED THE PRIMARY GAME PRODUCED IN HD, YOU WILL NEED TO UP-CONVERT THE GAME YOU ARE ASSIGNED FOR SIMULTANEOUS BROADCAST ON YOUR ANALOG AND DIGITAL CHANNELS.
That sucks. Luckily D*TV will bail me out.

Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by AreBee
That sucks. Luckily D*TV will bail me out.
You realize, of course, it's most likely D* (and the NFL) who wants CBS to enforce this and not CBS themselves. D* and the NFL have a revenue share arrangment on Sunday Ticket Subscriptions. Why let CBS affiliates give away what they can earn more money for.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
"IF YOU ARE NOT ASSIGNED THE PRIMARY GAME PRODUCED IN HD, YOU WILL NEED TO UP-CONVERT THE GAME YOU ARE ASSIGNED FOR SIMULTANEOUS BROADCAST ON YOUR ANALOG AND DIGITAL CHANNELS."

They require them upconvert the nonHD games? Why would this be a requirement? My local CBS upconverts 24/7 and I love it, but why would it be required? Seems to me it could confuse some into thinking they are watching the HD feed if it looks better then their normal 480i broadcast that they're used to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.