AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I'm afraid I've lost my link to the CBS' site HDTV College Football schedule. I particularly want to know if the Auburn/Alabama game today is on in HDTV. I assume so because of the Samsung/Sears deal (wouldn't make much sense to broadcast the 8:00 p.m. Florida/Flordia St. game when all the shoppers have gone home), but I really need to know for sure before I invite 20 people over to see it!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Sorry - CBS correctly will be showing the most important game of the day Florida - Florida State at 8pm.

Go GATORS!!!! (Please don't turn off the humiliation, it'll be fun to see if the Gators can put more points on Florida State than anyone in history has. Besides, Spurrier will find some reason that Rexie and the rest of the Gators didn't play well)

Chris

P.S. CBS sports link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/cbs/sports/

CBS HD link: http://www.cbs.com/info/hdtv/

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry man, It's the Fl-FSU game on tonight. It's been set to be in HD since CBS annouced the schedule earlier this year. Maybe next year CBS will get 2 production trucks so they can do multiple games. But you can still invite your friends over to watch the Noles' get spanked in the Swamp! I t should look very nice under the lights.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My question is very simple... Is it going to be in HD. The one link shows it to be in SD, but why?

Mike

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Which game are you asking about, Mike? The afternoon (Auburn vs Alabama) game is in SD, and the prime time (Florida vs Florida State) game is in HD. The schedule does show the evening game as being in SD, but that's a mistake (it's not the first time the schedule is wrong).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Florida this week, then LSU next week, then Army-Navy, finally SEC Championship are the games we are doing

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer - Guess I can't ***** too much, as I got to see Auburn beat Georga in the last 6 seconds in HD last week. Doubtful that the FL - FL St game is all that important in the larger scheme of things, though since the 'Noles suck this year (yeah, yeah, I know their record isn't that bad, but getting beat by the likes of UNC and NCState (go wolfpack!) doesn't do wonders for your reputation). It's also weird that Sears/Samsung would have allowed the later game to be shown in HD, since the local Sears closes at 9 p.m., and most of the shoppers are out in the early afternoon.

Vic - got a link to the schedule? I blundered around the CBS site and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much obliged - Don't know why I couldn't find this yesterday - guess beer and HDTV football doesn't go as well together as I thought!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick
Florida this week, then LSU next week, then Army-Navy, finally SEC Championship are the games we are doing
Nick, are you with CBS. If so, could you give us some details on your equipment. How many HD cameras, how many SD cameras, Do you use the HD cameras for the SD & HD dual broadcast. etc.

Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Two weeks ago a member named Clark S, whose profile identifies him as CBS Technical Director posted on this thread :

Quote:
Originally posted by clark s
I just wanted to share a few things about HD college football on CBS. First of all part of the reason for the soft pictures last week was because of a lens that went bad just prior to game time on one of the main play by play cameras.That problem has since been corrected. There are a total of 16 cameras being used for this show 11 HD, 1 SD 16X9 Super slo-mo, and 4 4x3 SD cameras. As for the blimp the camera it is owned by the blimp sponsor and we are at the mercy of them for the technical integrity of the camera and associated RF equipment! If you want HD blimp talk to Goodyear! Of the 4 cameras that are 4x3-SD, only one of them is used for replay purposes. Unfortunatly that angle gets used a lot, (the high wide telestrator angle).

I have seen comparisons made of HD-NET programs to that of CBS, Yes maybe it is all HD, but they may be using perhaps say 5 cameras or so? Unfortunatlly the industry is going through some growing pains and the technolegy is still being invented to provide you with a true "Network caliber broadcast !"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Now...what about Thanksgiving NFL Football. I know it's the Cowpokes but it's still NFL in HD. Maybe HDnet could work something out??

Getting spoiled by CBS and HDNet with HDTV Football.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.