AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to a Powerpoint presentation found by Richard Yak and noted by him in a post in the Local HDTV forum. It presents a generally positive view of the near future of HDTV. Notice the cost per minute figures of HD compared to film. Also, note that CBS is "in discussion" with DirecTV. I wonder what/when that means.
CBS Presenatation

·
Registered
891 Posts
Is CBS HD really on all TW systems that have been upgraded to 750Mhz? Austin TW has a couple of HD channels (HBO & Showtime), lots of VOD, and was one of the first cities in the nation to offer the integrated PVR/cable box.

AFAIK we're "fully upgraded" for HD, which I would assume is 750Mhz. Anyone know how I'd find out?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I liked the part where Enterprise on UPN is being shot in HD and that the Viacom owned UPN affiliates were converting to HD. I hope the L.A. UPN is Viacom owned or otherwise converting.

I hope it starts broadcasting in HD soon.

Rick R

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Well, our local UPN affilite in New Orleans is broadcasting digitally right now, but even though Enterprise is shot in HD, I don't know of anyplace where it is being presented in HD. I vaguely recall seeing some rumor somewhere that next season we might see Enterprise actually broadcast in HD, but don't even think about quoting me on that otherwise utterly unfounded bit of heresay.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick_R
I liked the part where Enterprise on UPN is being shot in HD and that the Viacom owned UPN affiliates were converting to HD. I hope the L.A. UPN is Viacom owned or otherwise converting.

I hope it starts broadcasting in HD soon.

Rick R
It is not being shot on HD, and the card didn't say that. It is shot on film. It is post produced (finished) in HD, as are the vast majority of film shows today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.