Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I ran out last night at 8:00 p.m. and bought the Zenith 420 at Circuit City. Got home in time to watch CSI and Without a Trace on my new Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector.

The picture looked best set to 1080i. So is this best for CBS? Does it differ from network to network? Sorry to ask. I know I should search the forum

Also I quickly visited TitanTV last night and their listings for DTV channels were different than what I was getting. I'm in Tampa - any of you local guys have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Herb

·
Registered
331 Posts
CBS, UPN, WB, PBS, NBC, HBOHD, SHOHD and HDNet broadcast their HD material at 1080i. ABC uses 720p and FOX uses 480p "widescreen".

I use "Variable 1" on my Sony HD200 (the same mode is on the Zenith, but it has a different name). That sends my TV whatever the broadcaster sent, rather than upconverting everything.

The best use of all features on HDTV has to be ABC, who runs their Sunday evening Disney programming at 720p with 5.1 dolby sound. When they ran A Bug's Life, it was better than the DVD.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The setting you choose might be a trade off between concenience and ultimate quality. For instance, I let my box (a different tuner because I'm on Comcast) convert everything to 1080i because my PJ takes a long time to sync to a different signal and because it has an excellent de-interlacer. You really have to experiment to decide what the best combination of settings for your situation are.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get NBC now. I bought the Zenith Silver antennae from CC with my box. It's going back because I found the double bow tie locally.

Herb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.