AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble lately getting a picture on digital CH 9 (9-1) in Washington, D.C.?? The last couple of nights, I'm getting no picture at all. I tested signal strength (DTC-100) and it's coming in at 94. I get extremely choppy sound, like it's trying to come in, but no picture at all. I'm not having those problems on digital 4, 5, or 26, even though their signals are weaker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't had any problems with WUSA. It's consistently the station that I get best out here in Ashburn with a mid-90s signal strength. The picture and sounds have been steady since I got my 6000 about a month ago.

--Louis

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Louis, That's the weird part. I have had the same experience, great signal since I bought the DTC-100, but now it just doesn't want to tune in for some reason. Everything checks out OK, but no picture!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I came here tonight looking to see if anyone else was reporting this problem, and here you were. Yes, since last night on channel 9.1 I've been getting no video whatsoever on my HD-100. Everything was fine until then, and everything seems to be in order now: good signal strength, and perfect sound. But not even a hint of a picture. And everything fine with 4.1, 5.1 and 26.1 & .2.

After it was off for a while last night, it did come back for a while. But tonight, nothing.

Good news, I suppose. Two of us with basically the same problem strongly suggests it's at their end.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you able to do anything about the problem?

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,182 Posts
I've noticed the same problem (no picture, choppy sound) on WUSA-DT for the past couple of nights. Glad to know it's not just me and my DTC-100.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just went into the Menu and unchecked the button for accessing the program guides for off-air broadcasts. A message came up and send this might be a good idea if there is trouble accessing certain stations. It then did another channel search. Now, I'm accessing all of the stations on the upper number band, instead of the 4-1, 5-1, etc. CBS now comes in fine from both DC and Baltimore. Go figure. Thanks to all of you that responded. If you are having the same trouble, try what I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The problem isn't just affecting DTC-100s. I have a Sony HD-100, and have not gotten a picture on 9.1 for a few evenings now. I do get perfect sound on 9.1, but no picture.

All of the other OTA signals are coming through OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called WUSA, and spoke to an engineer who claimed they are having no problems (when I told him that I was getting sound but no picture, he said "Oh yeah, it's our new high definition radio channel" ha ha). My theory is that something did happen in the last couple of days that caused our receivers to lose part of the 9.1 signal or at least the ability to lock onto it properly. As hmil suggests, the solution is probably to run a channel search again, which I plan to try when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in Herndon and haven't had any problems receiving WUSA. I'm using a Toshiba DST-3000 with a signal strength of 100. I'm new to HDTV so I have pretty much watched every show on CBS for the past two weeks. No problems here.

John

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,182 Posts
Following the previous advice, I turned off my "off the air guides" on the DTC-100 and was able to instantly tune in a perfect WUSA-DT. When I turned them back on, the station was still there, so obviously the station made some change that made the receiver "lose" the signal. This was easy enough to correct, however, and everything seems well now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just to toss in another STB: No problems on the Pioneer SH-D09. Solid all week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.