AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tuned into channel d60 all i see is a test pattern am i doing something wrong or is this beyond my mortal control?

·
Registered
152 Posts
There's already a post on this subject further down the list. Scroll down and you'll see it. KCBS appears to be off air right now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couldnt see it, but thank you for the 411, well there goes my monday, might as well get some redbull, and tweak on ant. problems!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having picture quality problem with CBS LA for several days. It looks like there are 10 (?) groups of horizontal line shifting, each group has 5 thin lines. It happens twice (?) every minute. On some up-converted program, like Sunday night movie Deep Compact, there are green vertical lines and doted lines all over the screen. I don’t have any problem with any other station, PBS Fox NBC ABC HBO or ShowTime. So I assume this is not my equipment problem. But I really want to double-check this with the others. Does anybody in LA area or anywhere have similar problem? Is something going on at CBS?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Everyone should read the post about 15 messages down, entitled something like "Sony HD-100 and CBS OTA". It explains the problem. You'll also find more postings on the HDTV software list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live in Westminster. I wanted to watch CBS HDTV shows and I notice a horizontal pulsing white noise signal across the screen.

Kevin

·
Registered
740 Posts
We are shipping another encoder to LA today from NY.

They are still working on the problem.

The worst case is it's fixed tomorrow.

Bob

------------------

CBS New York

[email protected]

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bob, you are the best! THANKS!!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I noticed that also. The HDTV signal has the horizontal pulsed white noise and the SD material has vertical blue/green lines. I saw on another thread that CBS says they have a problem with their upconverter but I see they have a problem with their HDTV also. Hope they get it fixed before survivor and CSI are on.

Rick

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for the update on this issue, Bob. I have been frustrated and disappointed about the problem. Now I know help is on the way. Thank you again for a great job, CBS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like LA-CBS has received the new encoder. I don't notice the lip-sync issue anymore. Is it just me or are you guys see the same thing??

------------------

CC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.