AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've seen this spot numerous times during prime time hd broadcasts and I even found a thread on this board talking about it ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=85996 ). The colors look terrific but the spot has some very bad motion artifacts on my Pioneer 510. I was wondering if anyone has an explanation for these artifacts or is it a problem with my tv ? The artifacts are especially apparent when the Ray Romano crew is sitting on the bed and pulling up the blanket. Does anybody else have this problem on their equipment ?

-Marc

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've seen this posted as well, and it happens to everyone. There for some reason is alot of pixelization when there is a flash of light. I remember it being really bad during that expiermental Mavs Broadcast on NBC last year (they did manage to fix it towards the end of the game).

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
When the video is really sharp (nice detailed edges) the MPEG2 encoder uses up alot of its alloted bandwidth remembering the fine details and thus is prone to more artifacts during fast motion.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My Dish 6000 also shows the artifacts in this commercial, however, I have seen it twice with NO artifacts at all. It was perfectly clear!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
some times it has artifacts and some times it doesn't on my setup, lately I haven't seen them. Didn't last night.

-tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.