AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having problems receiving CBS (2.1 or 60.1) in the LA area - (Brentwood Hills)? All of a sudden, I've gone from a steady 70+, to a VERY ERRATIC signal, dipping into the 20's, with loss of picture and sound. Really frustrating...it's been going on for about a week...anybody??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stacy11:
Anybody else having problems receiving CBS (2.1 or 60.1) in the LA area - (Brentwood Hills)? All of a sudden, I've gone from a steady 70+, to a VERY ERRATIC signal, dipping into the 20's, with loss of picture and sound. Really frustrating...it's been going on for about a week...anybody??
I don't understand it myself. It used to be 4.1 NBC to the problematic one and now this. I've just checked and it is still unwatchable. I thought it was my common antenna.

Will

I Want My Sports In HDTV http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Will7 (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Stacy,

I was thinking that KCBS was increasing their transmission power during HDTV programming. I was wrong. Hopefully it is just some minor glitch that can be rectified quickly. KCBS is up as I type, the signal is weak though.

Will

I Want My Sports In HDTV http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/tongue.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
I switched between "The District" on CBS (60) and

"Chain Reaction" on ABC (53) with no problems last night. I live East of Mt. Wilson in Claremont.

I have been having weaker reception since

the trees leafed out this Spring. I have achieved some

improvement by "tweaking" my rotator angle by 5-10 degrees,

depending upon the channel. KTLA (31) used to be fine,

now it is too glitchy to watch.

I plan to re-locate my HD antenna so that the

nearest tree is off to the side. Perhaps that would

also help some of you other folks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will - yeah, very strange...my main problem used to be KABC (53.1), which I could NEVER get. Now, it comes in fairly well, but KCBS is awful! I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was going to replace my antennae (again...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.