AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

Last Monday was apparently a rerun night for CBS comedies, and yet, "The Class" was a new episode. I didn't check on "Christine," but HIMYM and Two and a Half Men were both reruns? I don't get it...

Perhaps I'm not looking at my DVR contents right?

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
CBS ran new episodes of "The Class" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine" on Monday night as scheduled.

What was the screwup?

The Class" has had disappointing ratings and CBS is apparently running off its committment before beginning "The Rules of Engagement" March 12.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred... I knew I could count on you.

The "screwup" stems from the TV episode guide sites listing the latest HIMYM as having aired on the 15th; which ended up being a rerun. In that respect, CBS didn't screw up at all.

By the way, I had no idea "Class" ratings were so bad. The show is starting to get very good, as it fleshes out its characters. I sure hope CBS doesn't give up on it too soon... I sure as hell would rather watch it than "Rules of Engagement."

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
(Sorry for the tone of my screwup remark, dmedina.)

Here are the season-to-date (through Jan. 14) ratings for the CBS Monday Night comedies. (Rank is on left, total viewers are in millions)

13 TWO AND A HALF MEN 14.94

28 OLD CHRISTINE 11.79

51 HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER 8.98

65 CLASS, THE 8.18

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Those are season-to-date averages, kbp, not based on one showing.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa /forum/post/0

The Class" has had disappointing ratings and CBS is apparently running off its committment before beginning "The Rules of Engagement" March 12.

I think Rules starts on February 5th. At least thats what the ads say. Looks pretty funny.

Also, according to my TiVo guide, HIMYM was scheduled for a new episode Monday, but it was changed to air that episode this coming Monday. I assumed it didn't want to go opposite the premier of "24".

·
Registered
983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan /forum/post/0

I think Rules starts on February 5th. At least thats what the ads say. Looks pretty funny.

Also, according to my TiVo guide, HIMYM was scheduled for a new episode Monday, but it was changed to air that episode this coming Monday. I assumed it didn't want to go opposite the premier of "24".

man, i hope HIMYM and The Class are both picked up for next season...Rules Of Engagement is just awful (didn't see an "official thread" to post that in)...nothing about it was funny...Oliver Hudson has no comedic timing IMO and Spade is just annoying in this--i usually find him funny, but lately he's become too cocky as opposed to funny. Patrick Warburton (good ol' Puddy) seems to be only remotely entertaining part of the show, but the writing for him is awful...his delivery is the only thing that's funny.

·
Registered
939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmie /forum/post/0

man, i hope HIMYM and The Class are both picked up for next season...Rules Of Engagement is just awful (didn't see an "official thread" to post that in)...nothing about it was funny...Oliver Hudson has no comedic timing IMO and Spade is just annoying in this--i usually find him funny, but lately he's become too cocky as opposed to funny. Patrick Warburton (good ol' Puddy) seems to be only remotely entertaining part of the show, but the writing for him is awful...his delivery is the only thing that's funny.

Couldn't disagree more. I find "Rules" to be the funniest and wittiest new comedy on commercial TV. Granted, Oliver Hudson is the weakest link, but Spade and Warburton are aces and have great chemistry. This show is way funnier than "How I Blah Blah Blah", "The Class(holes)" and "Christine", and it's a great segue out of "21/2 Men"(the only other funny comedy on commercial TV.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It seems to me that last night there were left over jokes about stuff from past relationships from HIMYM and men getting older from 2.5 Men that were just combined to make Rules of Engagement.

·
Registered
983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthstooge /forum/post/0

...This show is way funnier than "How I Blah Blah Blah", "The Class(holes)" and "Christine", and it's a great segue out of "21/2 Men"(the only other funny comedy on commercial TV.

we will agree to disagree then, my friend

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa /forum/post/0

Those are season-to-date averages, kbp, not based on one showing.

Thanks, fred. You did clearly state it in your other post. I just missed it. I will be disappointed if HIMYM gets axed.

I thought Rules was very funny in its debut, which is a unique occurrence for me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthstooge /forum/post/0

Granted, Oliver Hudson is the weakest link, but Spade and Warburton are aces and have great chemistry.

A very weak link. And yes, Spade and Warburton are great together. Price is not bad as Warburton's wife, but the other female is barely a step above Hudson. How can his mom and sister be great and him be so mediocre?

·
Registered
939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan /forum/post/0

How can his mom and sister be great and him be so mediocre?

I guess the comedy/acting gene wasn't passed on to him, but he still gets a starring role in a new sitcom simply because of his pedigree. Oh well, not the first time and won't be the last.

Maybe if the show lasts, some of Spade's & Warburton's talent will rub off on him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.