AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Fox Widescreen Games for 10/5

Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers 1:00 pm ch 71

Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles 4:00 pm ch 72

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow,

Does anyone know if this CBS HD schedule is final. If the Broncos and the Chiefs win this weekend 9/28, I would love to see these two undefeated (projected), high powered (at this point in the season) teams play in HD on 10/5 instead of Miami and New York (no knock on Mia. or N.Y).

Stephen

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen D
Does anyone know if this CBS HD schedule is final?
CBS will program the network for the highest possible analog ratings. It's always possible the HD game can be changed, but with the announcement just being made today, it seems unlikely.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shah8
*sigh* these aren't good matchups...

Darius
Seattle vs Green Bay is a great matchup. I'd watch that game even if I wasn't a Seahawks fan (kinda like the Cowboys vs Giants game, watched it even though I could care less about either team).

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Damn, we had a little pattern going as far as CBS goes. They were alternating between West coast and East coast until the 10/5 game came along.

(Yes I know Kansas City isn't West Coast, but they're in a West Coast division and played a West coast team).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by taz291819
Seattle vs Green Bay is a great matchup. I'd watch that game even if I wasn't a Seahawks fan (kinda like the Cowboys vs Giants game, watched it even though I could care less about either team).
How is Seattle v. Green bay a great matchup? The Dallas v. Giants game was a division game between 2 long time rivals. The Seahawks have looked good so far, but Green Bay has been pathetic except against Detroit. It might be an okay game but far from a "great matchup"; That will come in week 6 when the NFL's best offense and QB host the Bucs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shah8
*sigh* these aren't good matchups...

Darius
? :confused:

Pittsburgh (2-1 AFC North Division Leader) vs Denver (3-0 AFC West Division leader). Should be a GREAT game.

(Just because YOUR team isn't listed doesn't mean it's not a good matchup.)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Being a Bronco fan, I was disappointed that they chose the the 10/12 Bronco game. Based on the fact that I am not too worried about the Broncos losing to them if they are healthy. A steelers fan might feel differently, but I think most fans would feel similar to me based on what they see and read about each team. I was anticipating they would take the Broncos at Chiefs due to them both probably being undefeated and knowing it will be a tough game.

The Miami and NY game could be a good one though. Also, since they already had the chiefs in HD, maybe they're trying to show different teams so want to avoid showing them again so soon.

I love and hate the system not predetermining the games. It should make for more interesting games if they're smart, but I hate having to wait to know (if it's the Broncos).

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Looks like the Redskins get 5 weeks of 16:9 action in a row. :D
It couldn't be that they are trying to gain some favor with the politicians, could it :)

--Darin

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pmohajer
How is Seattle v. Green bay a great matchup? The Dallas v. Giants game was a division game between 2 long time rivals. The Seahawks have looked good so far, but Green Bay has been pathetic except against Detroit. It might be an okay game but far from a "great matchup"; That will come in week 6 when the NFL's best offense and QB host the Bucs.
The matchup is great due to Holmgren and Hasselbeck. Holmgren's old SB team and Hasselbeck was the backup for Favre. And as we all know, anything can happen at Lambeau (sp?).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
where do you guys get the info on who is in HD or enhanced widescreen?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:
The matchup is great due to Holmgren and Hasselbeck. Holmgren's old SB team and Hasselbeck was the backup for Favre. And as we all know, anything can happen at Lambeau (sp?).
I expect Seattle to win without too much difficulty. Green Bay's only hope is on a QB who's skills and judgement is on a serious decline (all those pills catching up to him?) and they aren't a very good team past him. Good schedule last year and a weak division was the only reason they made the playoffs last year. Now that it looks like the Vikings are at the very least a competent team I don't see GB making a wild card let alone the division lead.

Seattle's biggest problem last year was their defense. Their offense looked like it had potential. They seemed to have solved that problem so far.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
IMO

Just because certain people are playing/coaching against certain teams, doen't make it a good matchup. Both teams aren't that good (yeah I know Seattle is undefeated)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.