possible new series (CSI: Miami)

The Agency' Season Finale!

"Finale" When a CIA agent posing as an American diplomat is taken

hostage in Uzbekistan,

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Soon over Miami: A 'CSI' spinoff

CSI: Miami will begin on a May 9 episode of CSI, when a case sends two members of the Las Vegas team -- series star Marg Helgenberger and Gary Dourdan -- down Florida way. Half the episode will be shot there, and producers are leaning toward filming the series on location.

Although CBS has made no contractual commitment to the new series, it has promised to air at least 13 episodes beginning this fall.

USA TODAY

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I hope David Caruso stars in the show and that it is a success because i like him (despite his being an A hole) and I love C.S.I.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
CSI is just great. I really got into The Agency the past few months. I hope it comes back in the fall.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by longshot
I really got into The Agency the past few months. I hope it comes back in the fall.
I hope it comes back too. But I'm afraid, longshot, that with its ratings its chances are, well, lets just say its a longshot.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'm sure the Agency is good, but the first episode put a sour taste in millions of people's mouths.

this new CSI sounds tight. i'll be glued.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
David Caruso is not my choice for CSI:Miami. I'll watch tonight, but I'm disappointed with the casting decision. The Agency is very different from the first episode. It deserves another season.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Linda Britt
The Agency is very different from the first episode. It deserves another season.
I didn't see the first week, I've only been watching the past few weeks -- what happened that made it different?

·
Registered
619 Posts
CSI? Definitely YES!

CSI in Florida? Absolutely NOT!

I just hope that the producer of CSI doesn't split the talent between the two shows and cause the original one to tank!

Rick

·
Registered
690 Posts
CSI: Miami Dade

I thought the show looked great. The outdoor scenes in Miami glistened on my set...the definition, if you will, looked stunning....better than usual and it is usually is one of the best. My #1 HD of the week!

And Caruso was made to be a TV cop. I thought he was great tonight and I already liked his sidekick, the Republican from the basement of the West Wing. :D I typically don't like spin offs but I think this is a hit!!!

For those of you who lost interest in The Agency after the first one (the original first one postponed cause of 9/11), may have pulled the plug to fast. Turned out to be a good show and the characters seemed to have gelled by years end.

I too vote for a re-up in the Fall.......

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
the new show rocked! i was skeptical at first because the blonde hair female cop in miami is a terrible actress, but it worked out. CSI fan for life.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
the new show rocked! i was skeptical at first because the blonde hair female cop in miami is a terrible actress, but it worked out. CSI fan for life.
Obviously you haven't seen her as Ansley Hayes in "The West Wing". Emily Procter is an excellent actress and I'll miss her in TWW if this new show takes off.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
CSI was just terrific last night. Caruso reminded me of his NYPD Blue role.

It was great to see the storyline take a new twist and go outside Vegas.

As far as "The Agency", WOW. What a great episode. I noticed on the program description on Directv it said Season Finale, Series Finale. I thought the decision on whether or not it would be back for another year had not been decided. Based on the way the show ended last night I'd say its done. That's truly a shame. I thought the cast and the writing are top notch. Especially with all the other crap on TV. I don't understand why it hasn't gotten a bigger audience. How bad where the ratings? Remember when "Homicide" debuted. The ratings were dismal the first year but it survived for seven years.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Dropping "The Agency" would be a huge mistake, if that's under consideration. A really dumb move. My interest in episodes rises in proportion to the gadgetry and action sequences. The producers have the opportunity of presenting real James Bond material with unlimited scenarios. Commented a while back that only a few episodes seemed to get bogged down, soap-opera style, in office politics, or taking cute asides too far, such as using CIA facilities to duplicate a unique artwork for a personal gift.

Thought Thursday's show was great, too, although must have been late returning from an ad because it slipped by me what happened to the wife and child of the kidnapped agent. Recall a nasty hint he'd 'join' them.

More CSI-type shows, say from Florida, would also be good news. In HDTV, you can almost feel your screen ooze humidity instead of Nevada's dusty dryness. Curious, though, can't recall any actors perspiring in Florida. Too realistic perhaps. Find myself tuning in NBC's 1080i medical-examiners show, "Crossing Jordan," having been hooked on CSI. -- John

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like CSI, and I liked CSI last night. Looks promising if the Miami version takes off.

I too like Procter on West Wing. I like the way her character is developing confidence amongst the honchos at the White House. I'd hate to see her go, but, man, how about her southern accent on CSI?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.