AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time seeing the CBS monday night line up in HD. Is it just me or did Still Standing look much better than the three shows that preceded it? Yes Dear and Everybody Loves Raymond looked nice, but were kinda grainy. Still Standing looked like no film was used or something, it was soo clean.

Wasn't all that bad of a show. I liked when the father was talking to his son because the son had been actin odd lately. His son said, "uh, i do have this woman problem", and he replied "well... eh.. you don't wanna be one do you?" Hehe.:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm not sure if this show is shot on film or not but the transfer is remarkable.

I watched this episode the first time around and had to watch it again last night because the hockey+sex joke had me ROTFLMAO

I'd say this is the best new sitcom of the year, one of my favorite.

Rick

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Count me in too. When the show debuted back in September, I just wanted to check out the HD transfer. I immediately thought it was one of the best I'd seen anywhere. Then my wife and I kept watching it and just laughed and laughed. A lot of things we can relate to.

We watch it every week without fail. It makes me laugh more than Raymond I have to admit. I just love the Full Monty guy. And man, Jamie Gertz has aged very, very well from her Square Pegs days!

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I commented on it a couple months ago back here but there was not much interest.

I'm still impressed with the PQ. I wonder how it is being done?

- Tom

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Actually I can partially answer my own question. I still have a short segment recorded and it looks like it is at a video bit rate of over 17.7 mbps for the single channel. That is more than I usually see on most things.

- Tom

·
Registered
312 Posts
this pilot was shot in a "different house" The kitchen and living are swapped in the new house, and they look completely different. Just wanted to mention that.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vwbeetlvr
this pilot was shot in a "different house" The kitchen and living are swapped in the new house, and they look completely different. Just wanted to mention that.
OK, good, so I'm not going crazy then. I thought that was the case when re-watching the pilot last night. I remember when the Cunningham's switched their living room around - dramatically. Never could figure out how they switched the staircase from one side of the room to the other. Took me years to get used to that...:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Saw it for the first time last night. PQ was great. Funny as all get out. Will have to try to put it on the viewing schedule.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.