AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I first read this, I was thinking "No way... must be something with his receiver!". Then I switched the channel to WTSP and was greeted with bright blue sidebars.

This is horrible! I'd rather have them stretch the image than display this crap!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've had zoom on the past couple of days for my 4X3 tv. I need to go check it out. What in the world would they be thinking to do this? I mean it's great if they want to fill that area, but make it grey. My blue gun will fade with that crap.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ya, this sux

who has their head up their butt over there?

saw it during 2 30-sec commercials during alabama football - was away all week - very nasty.

I have this technical question though:

videoholic: how can your blue gun fade if it had to display that for 365 days/year?

isn't displaying a black bar activating the 3rd gun (if not all guns) anyway?

this question is from my wife who is a graphic designer - so she understand colors and that was her 1st reply when I told her about this thread when i saw the blue bars.

jaymer...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you are driving the blue gun in only one portion of the screen constantly, would it not degrade the life of the gun in that area?

I'm sure it can't be good for it anyway. That's what the grey bars are for. They get all the guns burning at the same rate.

Anyone call these engineering wizards over there?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I e-mailed them a request to return to the black bars, or to switch to gray bars citing the possibility of damage to HDTV sets on Friday 11/2. I have not yet heard back from anyone after explicitly requesting a brief reply to confirm that my concerns had been noted.

Also, while I have the attention of some Tampa DTV viewers. Have any of you noticed a significant decrease in Fox's DTV signal strength over the last week or so? It had been coming in perfectly (93-100% signal strength) for the last 9 months, now it's in the 40-50% range with a lot of break-up. Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
T

[this is a brief reply to confirm that i saw your post] :rolleyes:

i can see the antennas from where I live (brandon) so I don't have much trouble tuning in, but I did notice that last night during the WS, the signal meter wasn't 100% on AccessDTV - looked about 90%.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by T. Schwartz
Have any of you noticed a significant decrease in Fox's DTV signal strength over the last week or so?
I haven't checked the signal strengths in about a week, but right now, fox is at a rock solid 90%.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Bschneider

its hard to say "did i notice that" - i usually notice the ugly blue ones appearing, vs. the absence of them.

i can say that on tuesday morning, there were no blue bars on the signal from 11am - 1pm. i was doing some antenna tuning and was browsing all channels and never saw the ugly things. good riddance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.