Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my WRAL HDTV email with this little tidbit in it.:

THIS JUST IN...from CBS Sports

For the third consecutive year CBS Sports will present coverage of the primary SEC on CBS college football game in high definition television beginning on Saturday, Sept. 13 (3:30-7:00 PM, ET) when No. 25-ranked South Carolina takes on No. 8-ranked Georgia. Verne Lundquist and Todd Blackledge will call the contest, along with reporter Jill Arrington.

It is also confirmed by the front page at CBS Sportsline right now.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/cbs/sports/

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wdcoy
Got to love that CBS. Now we'll start getting complaints form the one's who don't want to watch SEC.

Don
Starting with previous post!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Good news about CBS doing more cfb in hd. I believe what you have posted, but I am surprised that Ken H hasn't chimed in yet. Benji, hope your Hookies enjoy the Big Least while their in it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Now the real question is which (if either) of the SEC double header games will be in HD next weekend (9/20) when my LSU Tigers take on Georgia in Red Stick???????

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Shame on ABC (the sports leader) for not at least having 1 HD game a week (preferable the Hokies). If CBS can do a college game on Saturday and Pro game on Sunday, why can't ABC do Saturday/Monday night? Even ESPN does the college/pro thing.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes!

I've been waiting and hoping for this annoucement for weeks.

Thanks, CBS.

-Reagan

·
Registered
807 Posts
SWEEEEEEET!!!

This is a very nice surprise, I had resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't going to happen this year.

With HD (and ED) games on Saturday afternoon and night, Sunday afternoon and night and Monday night, one could go the whole year only watching HD (and ED) football if they chose, there's always a game to watch!

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
Shame on ABC (the sports leader) for not at least having 1 HD game a week (preferable the Hokies). If CBS can do a college game on Saturday and Pro game on Sunday, why can't ABC do Saturday/Monday night? Even ESPN does the college/pro thing.
I just hope the A&M/Va. Tech game on ESPN will be in HD.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jagouar
I just hope the A&M/Va. Tech game on ESPN will be in HD.
Sorry to say it's listed on the ESPNHD website as an SD telecast. Too bad, that's going to be a heck of a game, and Lane Stadium should look gorgeous in HD at night.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
September 12, 2003

THIS JUST IN…

…from CBS Sports

For the third consecutive year CBS Sports will present coverage of the primary SEC on CBS college football game in high definition television beginning on Saturday, Sept. 13 (3:30-7:00 PM, ET) when No. 25-ranked South Carolina takes on No. 8-ranked Georgia. Verne Lundquist and Todd Blackledge will call the contest, along with reporter Jill Arrington.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Mr. Goodmon is absolutely correct.

As I have been saying, this was being worked on by CBS, and is great news.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Now we just need a Big 10 Game of the Week!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.