Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBS Sports kicks off NFL preseason with Vikings-Jets on Friday

Aug. 18, 2005

THE NFL ON CBS's Second Pre-Season Game to Feature Indianapolis Colts Visiting Denver Broncos Live in Prime Time on Saturday, Aug. 27

Both NFL ON CBS Pre-Season Games to be Shown in HDTV

The CBS Television Network, beginning its 46th year broadcasting the NFL, starts its broadcast season with the first of two pre-season games on Friday, Aug. 19 (8:00 PM, ET) as the Minnesota Vikings take on the New York Jets live in prime time on the CBS Television Network.

THE NFL ON CBS lead announce team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, along with Bonnie Bernstein reporting, call the action from Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Lance Barrow is the producer and Mike Arnold is the director.

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/story/8747254

Figured I post this so those that aren't aware of tonight's game, it's been since the Patroits/Steelers AFC Championship game.

From watching NFL in HD since it's inception, this "should" show all the new AVSers how gorgeous the NFL in HD is.

We're driving 2 hours to the parents Beach house for the weekend, so I had to tell the wife we're not going anywhere until 9, afterall it's why I bought all this stuff. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had no idea a game was on tonight. Now I have something to compare the HD games I have watch on ESPNHD too. Does CBS usally have a better broadcast?

·
Premium Member
35,997 Posts
CBS NFL broadcasts are the gold standard, followed by ABC/ESPN, and still, as of last night, FOX dragging up the rear.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sweet. Does anyone know if the Falcons game tonight will be on Fox? Maybe only locally? And if it will be in HD?

ps - The HD TiVo might be the single greatest thing I have ever bought in my life. I am loving it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice! :)

The guide doesn't list it as HDTV. What a pleasant surprise. Let's hope Pennington's arm looks as good as CBS's picture normally does. Otherwise, Baby New Year will have to take us through the early part of the season! :rolleyes:

http://www.dbags.com/images/babynewyear.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can never have too much green!!!

J E T S

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.