AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where this thread belongs so if mods can move this to the correct place thanks.

I called their service dept. to see and there is only a message that basically says, "Due to closing/liquidation CC service will no longer accept warranty items. Current items will be returned, fixed or not."

Unfortunate for any of those who currently or wanted to send any items in for warranty work.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooa4oo /forum/post/15572960

Not sure where this thread belongs so if mods can move this to the correct place thanks.

I called their service dept. to see and there is only a message that basically says, "Due to closing/liquidation CC service will no longer accept warranty items. Current items will be returned, fixed or not."

Unfortunate for any of those who currently or wanted to send any items in for warranty work.

warranties are by the manufacturers so that's still covered but typically stores have a company that underwrites the extended warranty so that still should be good also. Would be nice to get a clarification though on the extended warranty. It sounds like the message is just referencing them no longer doing any inhouse repairs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog03 /forum/post/15573047

warranties are by the manufacturers so that's still covered but typically stores have a company that underwrites the extended warranty so that still should be good also. Would be nice to get a clarification though on the extended warranty. It sounds like the message is just referencing them no longer doing any inhouse repairs.

I'm not talking about manufacturer warranty. I'm talking about CC's warranty. and CC's warranty work is handled by CC Service. 1-888-333-2333 is the number I called.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
you need to do some basic research before spreading false information. circuit city's warranties are underwritten and executed by a 3rd party (GE Assurant, specifically), not circuit city. the rise or fall of cc does not impact an extended warranty at all

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooa4oo /forum/post/15573117

I'm not talking about manufacturer warranty. I'm talking about CC's warranty. and CC's warranty work is handled by CC Service. 1-888-333-2333 is the number I called.

Here's your answer:

Are Circuit City's extended warranties affected by the liquidation?

•No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® (extended warranties) have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's closing.

•Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance subsidiary rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Co

and the link:

http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog03 /forum/post/15575090

Here's your answer:

Are Circuit City's extended warranties affected by the liquidation?

No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® (extended warranties) have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's closing.

Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance subsidiary rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Co

and the link:

http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html

well i'm getting my speakers that were sent in to circuit city repair services sent back to my house and they have not been repaired. where do i go from here to fix my speakers?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nvm just spoke to CC customer service.

all items will be sent back and then you can call assurant and get it to them directly to work on any warranty work.

got angry when i heard my speakers were gonna come back not fixed.

mods can delete this thread now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.