AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got addicted to my CC40r fitted filter I got from Enhanced HT and have been enjoying it for several weeks. However I was noticing the picture getting strangly softer and pulled out the filter and sure enough it was warped in two places and bleached in the middle.

I'd hoped for more than three weeks duty from a filter I spent $65 for. So my problem is, what do I do now? I know enhanced HT has a glass version, but I've heard about reflective problems with glass and I'm not sure the glass would prevent the filter from getting bleached again.

I've also heard about resin filters here on the board. Are they best? And does anyone know of a source for them? What's best?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
HTCrazy, Steve will gladly replace the filter for you. I'm using the square (resin ?) filter fom them that is stuck on the outside with 4 pieces of electrical tape and it works great (you can see it by looking at the pictures of my DIY mount in my setup database). When stuck on the outside I don't believe it will be subjected to the same heat, etc.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
HTCrazy-

The filter that you have IS a resin filter. The glass version is specifically designed for use with a projector and manufactured for EnhancedHT. We've seen no reports of reflection related problems. It's a screw on filter just like the original Sony filter.

The warping/bleaching problem was something we had never seen before after a year of using these filters for other projectors. The smaller lens, higher heat of the HS-10 appears to have caused the problem with the resin filter

The glass filter solves these problems and is available at a special price as an upgrade to those who purchased the mounted resin filters. So far the biggest problem with the glass filter has been keeping up with demand!

If you decide you just want to externally mount the square filter, we sell those at EnhancedHT, too. In any case, we'll certainly give you a refund or credit for the problems you've experienced with your filter.

You can get more info about upgrading to glass here

If you have any other questions, please email me at [email protected] .

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, is the glass filter using a non-reflective coating? I'm glad to hear you'll take care of the problem I've had so far.

Xander and Builty - thanks again for the input. It sounds like the exterior mounted filter might be best, but since I'm still using my HS10 table mounted, the wife might have a problem with the cosmetics of it. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HTCrazy
Steve, is the glass filter using a non-reflective coating?
Nope. Rather than going with a coated filter, we just went with a much higher grade glass that is completely optically pure and reflections aren't a problem at all. FYI- the original Sony filter isn't coated either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.