AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking hard about doing the Amazon-Circuit City deal on the RCA 38310 for $1499. Could anyone let me know what they paid for an in-home warranty on this set from Circuit City? Any wiggle room on the price of the warranty? TIA - Pat

·
Registered
45 Posts
I paid $189 for my three year warranty. I figured that is enough protection since the unit is nearly obsolete and I should be ready for a new set by the end of the three years.

I was able to get CC to waive the delivery change.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff -

I can definitely handle that. I think you're right on the 3 years being enough, too. I've only had my 32110 and DTC100 for about 13 months. ;-)

- Pat

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
Do not buy a warranty at purchase time from CC. You actually wind up losing a year because the CC warranty overlaps the manufacturer's warranty. You actually loose...

CC will send you an invoice after the manufacturers warranty expires to purchase an extended warranty. It's the same as three years at purchase time. I just got my notice two weeks ago...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Just one thing about your $1499, it's less than half of what I paid one year before which was $2999, & your still complaining; you wan't a warranty as cheap as you can get! I paid $179 for a 5 year waranty, RCA wants **** load of cash on a regular post card annually.

Quite frankly there is a number of HDTV I would like to get, but have to wait for dear old mom to get old. She is also the reason why I don't have my '63 vette split window coupe. I owned one many years ago, moms idea you still have to get out your sports car with a wheel chair with everybody staring at you.

Ratman we're 'not' having a 4:3 issue here

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey hob -

You really are an ornery old cuss, aren't you? I reviewed my previous posts for any sign of complaining, didn't find any. Don't want to pay any more than necessary? You got me there!

Bought the 38310 over the lunch hour at CC. Offering it new for $1499, but only two left, both open box. Bought it for $1299.

You'll be happy about this, though: It's replacing an RCA 32" 4:3.

Hang in there - Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.