AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struggled with where to post this, but thought some other jukebox owners might be using their PC's to solve this problem.

Is there any software out there that will allow you to create a catalog of CD's like you can create a catalog of DVD's with DVD Profiler? And has anyone linked that to jukebox control hardware?

·
Registered
146 Posts
A number of us use a Slink-e for hardware control of Sony CD jukeboxes and CDJ for cataloguing and software control.

The Slink-e can also be used for IR, letting you control major HTPC functions from your Pronto.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thread poster have you considered the easy way, about using a simple composition book like we all used at school to hold all the titles of DVD, and or CDs of which I have several made up. It's nice to have it in memory. If your trying to access a DVD or CD from a changer holding 300 each or more, you better have a photographic memory or you can wait for the spinner to go around to finally find what your looking for.

Sure it's nice to see the colorful icons of the DVD or the CD disc, but for the most part I rely on the simple composition books which I use daily. Last night I was in the mood to watch the Bee Gees's One Night Only Concert. I picked up the book looked it up and found it was disc 94. I have a dam good memory but 600 DVD/CDs I can't remember where each disc is, I don't have a photographic human memory!

This is the same advice I gave to a member who had 2 Sony DVD changers whose remotes were both on the same frequency. Get yourself 2 composition books for DVD/CDs. The color of my CD book is Orange, the DVD book is a marbled Purple. I can put what ever I choose in the book, I'm not limited by what the 'memory' can or can't do! I will not loose the memory due to a virus or electrical storm. It is printed with ink on paper the old reliable way. I use what I was given it's called common sense, it can be useful in combining things new to work with things old. To change use white correction fluid, to put new words on top of whited out space.:)

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
do you use college ruled paper, or just regular? Do you use different colors for different designations? Perhaps we could just tattoo the titles on our bodies like "Memento". Even if we forgot we'd still be able to look the next day and find out how many DVDs we bought the day before.

perhaps there is a way to dip the dvd/cd label on a ink pad and then stamp a copy of the label right onto a composition book?

SDI..... who cares, this is more interesting.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Sure it's nice to see the colorful icons of the DVD or the CD disc, but for the most part I rely on the simple composition books which I use daily.
You're missing the point of my post - I already have a simple system to remember where my CD's are in the jukebox and I want to do something a little fancier like a DVD Profiler report. I like having the simple printout of DVD cover thumbnails and the detailed reports for interest. It's cool for guests.

I'd like to have a listing for CD's that was more than just Artist and Album title but no way am I going to write down or copy onto paper the track titles, date of release, musicians by track for my jazz cd's, etc. I need some software that can look all that up on the Internet and can create different reports.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If they're sony changers, I'm with MMcM...the Slink-e is the way to go. Check out www.nirvis.com for more details.

The added IR functionality is also a MAJOR plus, as I'm using the slink-e for all my home-automation and IR distribution. I have a rev2.0 slinke, and with diy IR gear, it's a much cheaper solution than Xantech.

Cheers,

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.