AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who makes the best sounding cd or dvd changers? marantz? nad? denon? integra? other brands? below $1,000. how come audiophiles look down on changers as a music source unless it is only used as a transport? thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess simply because changers typically aren't equipped with high-quality parts, but are more geared towards price and flashy features. But you could have a big changer as a transport and connect it to a good external DAC - I know people who do just that.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
I think there's a lot to be said for changers and their inherent sophistication and flexibility. A tad annoying can be the sound of the changing mechanism but that's outweighed, at least for me, by not having to drag my fat ass and put in another CD :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just purchase the Denon DVM-4800 changer. The reason for this purchase was because my old single disc player had a very poor DAC inside. Then Denon uses a Burr Brown DAC. This way I could use the analog out for music and the digital out for H.T. It also has music only switch on it that bypasses all the Video junk that just degrades the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.