AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any CD Jukebox controllers out there other than the Escient Tunebase, or Fireball? Something that controls a Sony Jukebox or the new Kenwood 5900 DVD/CD jukebox?

The Escient UIs are so cumbersome that I was hoping there was an alternative.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slink looks interesting. It only supports Sony CD jukeboxes (since it communicates via slink). They have a free PC program called CDJ that controls the jukebox that looks somewhat powerful.

I think I have my heart set on the Kenwood changer, though, since it also can play DVDs (and it has a nifty 3 slot "extra" platter to easily insert and remove DVDs).

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Kenwood does, the Entre. From a look at the manual (which you can download online, kind of nice), the Entre user interface is pretty identical to the Fireball.

I have two pet peeves with the Fireball, which looks the same on the Entre. First, music is organized by Artist+Album name on one level and then by track one level down. It *should* have three levels - Artist, then album name, then track name which would make managing a lot of CDs easier. Second, it alphabetises "The Cars", "The Beatles", etc. as being under "T" rather than C and B respectively, again making managing a lot of CDs hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.