AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a program that is similar to a database... i want to be able to go through all the cover art in my ripped CD collection, displayed by genre / artist / with cover art of CDs belonging to the respective genre / artist. Is there such a program?

Thanks.

Leo

· Registered
881 Posts
There is one in works my mcasio called CD Lobby. He's currently finishing up DVD Lobby right now though.

· Registered
752 Posts
does anyone know how in windows ME, you could make a folder have a specific icon? I want to make each album folder have the image of the cd cover. is this possible?

· Registered
6,227 Posts
If you are open to the idea of .APE lossless files have a look at Ape Jukebox ( www.apejukebox.com ) as this looks pretty nice... Possible not enough genre / sorting features but worth a look...

Glad to hear that there may be a CD Lobby in the works as I was planning on bringing this idea up with Mario when I returned to Europe and had more time on my hands... To me the ability to browse / play / sort ripped and Ape'd CD's is far more appealing than ripped DVD's...

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually i am currently ripping all my albums to my htpc and using ape to compress them so ape jukebox looks to be very promising. i hope they add the implement the ripping functions soon as this would make ripping many cds a simpler task.

thanks for all the suggestions so far guys... if there are any more please let me know. Thanks.

Leo

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Ape Jukebox looks great. However, I can't get it to install on Windows ME. W2K works fine, but my HTPC runs ME. Anyone able to get it to run on ME?

· Registered
6,227 Posts
I am always shy of using unknown or early versions of apps to rip with...

EAC is a known quality tool... Why risk it with ripping as you wont want to do it again !!!

I hope that CDLobby could be made into a front end to put on top of Media Jukebox...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.