AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an XR-45 and have been impressed with the sound especially when running a digital signal into it. I currently have a Denon DCM-360 CD Changer which doesn't have a digital output. I would like to get a changer with a digital output to go with the Panny.

I've researched the Panny DVD-F65K and really like its slim size. Reviews on-line seem fairly mixed on CD performance. Does anyone have a suggestion for a CD Changer with digital output that maintains the slim form factor of the Panny? DVD playability isn't a factor as I already have a Pioneer 563A. I've been looking but can't find a CD-Changer as thin as the Panny DVD changer.

Also any comments on using a DVD player as a CD player? Does it affect sound quality?

Thanks.

Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
The DCM360 has the highly touted ALPHA processor with 20-bit Burr-Brown DAC's which outshine many Receivers internal DAC's so I would stick with the Denon CD Player.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PLC
The DCM360 has the highly touted ALPHA processor with 20-bit Burr-Brown DAC's which outshine many Receivers internal DAC's so I would stick with the Denon CD Player.
but then you need to use the analog inputs on the panny which are not as good. To drive the panny best, you need to use the digital inputs.

·
Registered
404 Posts
toshiba 3950-60$ at best buy-

unreal sound for the money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.