AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Exact Audio Copy with the lame mp3 encoder to rip CD's onto my hard drive...I intend to transfer my entire CD collection, and I want to do this as fast as possible.

I'm wondering if there are serious drawbacks to performing the ripping and encoding operations in the background while I still perform other tasks on the computer. The other tasks would mainly be word processing, internet surfing, and listening to the audio i already have ripped onto the hard drive....

In the past I've always left the computer totally alone while I rip and encode a cd. I just always felt that using the computer might somehow make more room for error in the process, but I don't know if that's right...

I'm mainly concerned with whether or not the quality might be degraded...If doing these tasks in the background simply means they might take a little longer but will have the same quality, I can deal with that...If there's a chance teh quality would be affected, I'm not taking the chance...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Joel

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
If doing these tasks in the background simply means they might take a little longer but will have the same quality
I think that that's what happens, but I could be wrong. FWIW, I just completed ripping my collection & that's what I did some of the time - no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.