AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering to place an international order with CDW. They request me to prepay by Wire Transfer. Anyone has the experience dealing with CDW? Is it trustful?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
CDW (Computer Discount Warehouse) is a very large, reputable company in the US. I would not hesitate to buy from them. But why would you buy from a US dealer in Hong Kong? Can't you get better prices where you are?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
CDW is a very large company that deals with many large corporate and government accounts. It is definately a company that you can trust. Their prices tend to be higher than most other fly by night companies. (Although they do have the LT150 for a low price)

Dino

·
Registered
280 Posts
Last night, while I was surfing projector dealers and manufacturers' websites, I came across one which SPECIFICALLY excluded or limited CDW in rebate availability. I wish I could remember where I saw this. This may simply be because they made CDW such a good deal that they couldn't afford to honor a rebate too.

Anyway, your post rang a bell, so if you are depending on a rebate to sweeten the deal, you might want to double check.

In the meantime, I'm heading to CDW to see what's so interesting.

Mike

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your information.

Yes, I can't find the better deal of LT150 here. CDW's price of LT150 is reasonable and they accept internatinal order. Anyway, I have to make sure that I'm not sensitive to rainbow effect before I buy an DLP projector. I'm going to watch another DLP projector, Mitsubishi XD10.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a warning - CDW may be a bit iffy for international orders - they requested a wire transfer from me once, saying they had my item.

A few days after the wire got there, they said they now didn't have my item in stock, and would not be getting any more stock. They could only send a refund by check.

So in the long run, due to their mistake, I copped the cost of the wire transfer, a wait of several weeks for their international check to be cashed, and a substantially reduced refund due to exchange rate changes...

Any email that was sent to them on the topic they ignored - I didn't really expect a refund, but an acknowledgement would have been nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.