AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the CECBs have signal meters with numerical values given? Even something as simple as 1 to 10, 1 to 100 even better? Or a percentage?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The signal meter on the Channel Master CM-7000 is both graphical and numerical on a scale of 0-100, but no audible signal. We have one channel that's subject to a lot of interference and it displays wild swings in that signal's strength, while the rest are stable.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
The Philco box shows a percentage next to its bar graph. However, the Philco's meter is very slow to react, both when you turn it on and when the signal changes. When you turn it on, it takes several seconds to build up to a stable reading. It's like watching molasses flowing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The DTVPal has a numeric signal strength. However, if it can't actually decode the channel then it doesn't show a signal strength, i.e. it will only show a signal strength for channels it can actually display, you can't use it to find a borderline station that you might be able to get if you tweek something (i.e. adjust you antenna, remove a splitter, etc.). My Zenith DTT-900 doesn't show numbers, but it shows a bar graph, and it will show signal strength for digital tv stations that are not strong enough for it to decode.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity /forum/post/14265299

Do any of the CECBs have signal meters with numerical values given? Even something as simple as 1 to 10, 1 to 100 even better? Or a percentage?

The RCA DTA800B has a very nice signal meter -- Bar with numerical percentage (1-100%) plus sound with frequency increasing with signal strength. Cannot see or hear program when the signal meter page is up, however.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DigitalStream DTX9950 shows a numerical value & it stays on screen as long as you like. Simply press meter on the remote. Definitely helps for small tweaks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The Sansonic has a great meter. It gives numbers for both signal strength and signal quality. The quality of the rest of the functions is pretty poor though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts