AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going to Cedia in Denver this year. My theater should be about done by then, so it should give me a great look at what's what in PJ's.

For those of you who have been or go every year- does it matter which days I go? If I go on Thurs/Fri and skip the weekend, will I get to see everything? Will I have time to see everything in 2 days?

Can't miss the LSU vs VA Tech game on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrancep /forum/post/0

If I go on Thurs/Fri and skip the weekend, will I get to see everything? Will I have time to see everything in 2 days?

Depends on how much you want to see and how much time you want to spend at each booth. There's nothing available on Saturday that won't be there on Thursday or Friday, so unless you're trying to spend time at every booth at the show, the answer to both questions is Yes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect- I'm there to evaluate PJ's so 2 days should be plenty.

Thanks much

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have never been to Cedia, so someone who has correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may want to keep an eye out for the off-site booths in hotel rooms. A lot of the vendors are moving part or all of their operations at these trade shows to off-site locations to save money. Maybe that's just CES, but someone who is more knowledgable please chime in.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The off-site venues are usually in addition to a vendor's regular booth space. They typically show their more future product prototypes at the hotel suites...works in progress, if you will. Often access to these hotel suites is by invitation only.

·
Registered
25,140 Posts
The hotel rooms are open just like the floor. They usually have much much more well set up light controlled displays. Ask around but Digital Projections and JVC often have them as do some others. Runco is the one that is usually dealers only but if you ask around you can get in (their's may be in a conference room on site). Also Joe Kane often has a presentation room sometimes on sometimes off site.

Art

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Pete & Art

Art- I'd like to get your opinion/ any thoughts on my project if you get a chance to check out my construction thread.

Can't wait to see what's new @ Cedia and kinda glad my room will be done around that time. I've got a couple buddies that are finishing up theaters as well so we are gonna go see what's what.

Paul

·
Registered
111 Posts
I must say that the few times I went to cedia, I had the best look at products on Sunday.

I guess that due to the fact that many industry operators leave on Sunday, the show is almost empty and you can get great demos, not standing in line for long.

I know that jvc, sim2 and runco have also off-site demos, usually in hotel rooms. Check with them on the show floor and they should direct you to their private demos.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.