AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CEDIA EXPO 2019 - Forum Members Planning to Attend

The CEDIA Expo 2019 in coming up 10-14 September to the Colorado Convention Center, located at 700 14th Street in Denver, CO. Note however that the Trade Show Exhibits don't open until Thursday 9/12/2019 and will be open thru Saturday 9/14/2019.

Registration is now open - LINK: https://www.cediaexpo.com/

Normally you must be a CEDIA member or pay a fee to attend CEDIA Expo. However, as in past years I expect several of the manufacturers with exhibits to offer the codes for free admission for those wanting to attended just the trade floor exhibits. In past years, the free admission codes usually haven't become available before the June timeframe, and I encourage any AVS Forum member that finds a code for free admission to CEDIA Expo 2019 to post it here.

Registration Codes for free admission to the trade show floor:

Russound: EXIV840767
Legrand: LEGRAND2019

For those forum members wanting to attend CEDIA Expo just to go to the manufacturers booths, you will need to register (see link above) by creating a user name and password then filling out your info: name, address, etc. There are several pages of training classes offered, but they all cost money so just don't check off on anything on these pages. There is a page where you must select or enter answers for a few questions, such as what area of the show are interested in (e.g., home theater).

I plan to add to this post as more information becomes available.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am hoping to attend... just waiting for a registration promo code to pop up. Last year was a blast and I got a lot of info from the exhibits.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks ddgdl… I just finished booking everything. I hope to see all the AVS members at the show. Last year there were some great events set up for AVS members and I remember Scotty winning a projector from Epson. I will keep checking in here to see what is being planned.

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
I'm all registered! Just waiting to see how the manufacturer training sessions shake out in the next few weeks and then will sign up for a few of those.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Booked and Going for sure Friday and maybe Sat.

Reactions: Mike Garrett

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,283 Posts
Help, I really like going to CEDIA, but is there going to be anything really new this year? I've been going the last 5 years so I've seen the roll out of laser projectors, 4K and Atmos. Convince me to come to Denver. I even remember when AVS threw private parties in the pre Verticalscope ownership days. Now it is pretty much nothing. Last year even CEDIA cut back on the socials.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Help, I really like going to CEDIA, but is there going to be anything really new this year? I've been going the last 5 years so I've seen the roll out of laser projectors, 4K and Atmos. Convince me to come to Denver. I even remember when AVS threw private parties in the pre Verticalscope ownership days. Now it is pretty much nothing. Last year even CEDIA cut back on the socials.
There has been some discussion of the Denver/CO based AVS members doing something at CEDIA.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
The excitement factor of new toys has gone down substantially for awhile now. It used to be LOTS of new stuff, now it is just small changes to existing tech. I don't expect any different at this year's CEDIA unless microLED prices drop like a rock to take over the market. I could see it being pretty boring for new projection stuff and the audio market is just going to be little changes. Probably more supporting IMAX enhanced and other minimal stuff like that.

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
I will be there, and would be interested if the CO members are planning anything. Maybe I will even have my JVC projector by then. 🙂

Hurry up and get your JVC!! I'll be the first through the door. :D

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
AVScience will have their Friday dinner at a different restaurant.:)

The excitement factor of new toys has gone down substantially for awhile now. It used to be LOTS of new stuff, now it is just small changes to existing tech. I don't expect any different at this year's CEDIA unless microLED prices drop like a rock to take over the market. I could see it being pretty boring for new projection stuff and the audio market is just going to be little changes. Probably more supporting IMAX enhanced and other minimal stuff like that.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. My main reason for going now is to catch up with friends. If I go this year it will be to stop in Dallas to see my mother's new place.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts