AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I just registered to attend. This will be my first time. I m bring my son so we can also do some father son bonding. I hope to meet a few of my fellow avs forum members.

Reactions: Reddig

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am registers to go and trip is booked. Heading there with SOWK from the forums. I am excited to go :)

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
QUOTE=SOWK;58221798]SteveFred and I will be attending.

Is there any extreme meet up room like the Alcon's room from a few years back?[/QUOTE]

Ususually, JBL Synthesis has one of the better demo rooms at CEDIA and uses a Trinnov based Atmos processor and a large array of speakers and subs. I cannot speak for this year's CEDIA.

Triad has had a good one in the past too, though normally they don't have a BIG Atmos demo instead using regular receivers or pre-amps as their headend equipment.

I would imagine DTS will try to hawk IMAX Enhanced wares. Maybe DTS: X Pro too? Dolby is now usually a no show as far as an Atmos demo of their own except for closed door meetings, leaving DTS an opening to tout their "new" stuff.

There are a couple free DTS promo classes and demos scheduled on different days you can sign up for. I signed up for that and Sony's projector and display demo classes. It might be a great way to see and get more details on their latest 4k projectors and upcoming 8k flat panels.

I would imagine Monoprice will have a working beta of their anticipated 9.1.6 processor, the HTP-1, using their THX certified speakers and subs.

Don't know if Emotiva will show this year or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd love to go since I'm in Denver, but why do I have to fill out all of this company registration stuff?

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
I'd love to go since I'm in Denver, but why do I have to fill out all of this company registration stuff?

You don't have to. Just put your occupation as AVS Forum Member and your home address & cell number. That's what I've always done. What kind of business? Other. Owner. Whatever. Just be vague.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
I am still undecided. I know all the old white guys love Denver for some reason, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe Mike and Craig can talk me into it.;):)
You know you want to go. :)

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
For those attending, is there anything on your list that you have to check out when you're there?

I would like to replace my JVC RS-500 with something new and want to take a look at the Monoprice HTP-1.

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
For those attending, is there anything on your list that you have to check out when you're there?

I would like to replace my JVC RS-500 with something new and want to take a look at the Monoprice HTP-1.

Trinnov will be using their Altitude processor in a few demos. In the Triad Speaker sound room, they will be playing a DTS: X Pro demo along with reps from DTS. Wilson Audio will also have a fairly large Atmos system setup. Usually, Harman Audio has a pretty big immersive room using their JBL Synthesis and Pro Cinema system that is based around a Trinnov (under the Synthesis name). JVC also has, in the past anyway, put on a large demo of their top projectors. Barco sometimes shows off their home laser projectors, which are something to behold.

Monoprice will have a booth, but I can't say for sure if they will have a working HTP-1 being demoed or not. I will check it out nonetheless.

You can go to free Manufacturer Training sessions if you sign up for various time slots at the main CEDIA Expo site. Some start in the run up days to the actual floor being open for attendees. They can be informative.

If some of the brands are generous this year with their swag, you may be able to grab new immersive demo discs from Dolby and DTS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are there going to be any events for AVS Forum Members this year?
Last year Scott Wilkinson coordinated with both Epson, and Sound United to host private events showcasing their upcoming products for AVS Forum members.
Both were great informative events and we all had a good time…
Gary

Reactions: JSKMDWK

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
Are there going to be any events for AVS Forum Members this year?
Last year Scott Wilkinson coordinated with both Epson, and Sound United to host private events showcasing their upcoming products for AVS Forum members.
Both were great informative events and we all had a good time…
Gary

CEDIA is coming up in a few short weeks and I haven't heard of any AVS related stuff thus far. Have you?

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
One week to go for the start of CEDIA Expo 2019. It looks like a slow year for home theater class projectors, except for perhaps several new DLP 4K pixel shifters. LG's new ultra short throw 4K DLP with a RGB laser light source (actually two laser colors and phosphor for the 3rd) and no color wheel looks interesting for a media room/living room application.

FYI - I'm not going to make it to the show this year, but will be closely following the reports from those that do.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts