AVS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Isn't there usually a thread to discuss new projectors to be shown at CEDIA?

I don't see one.
JVC model LX-NZ3, which will ship in late November at a $3,699.95 suggested retail price, is based on Texas Instruments’ single-chip DLP microdisplay technology, combined with the BLU-Escent laser light engine and JVC’s HDR Auto Tone Mapping to optimize bright HDR images for a wide range of room lighting conditions.

The new projector will be demonstrated at the JVC booth at CEDIA Expo 2019 in Denver next month.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
JVC model LX-NZ3, which will ship in late November at a $3,699.95 suggested retail price, is based on Texas Instruments’ single-chip DLP microdisplay technology, combined with the BLU-Escent laser light engine and JVC’s HDR Auto Tone Mapping to optimize bright HDR images for a wide range of room lighting conditions.

The new projector will be demonstrated at the JVC booth at CEDIA Expo 2019 in Denver next month.
Don't you mean next week?

By the way, what happened to Sony? Did they announce anything new? I wonder how long Sony will stay in the projector business when they have large micro-led displays just around the corner?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am looking forward to attending my first cedia.

·
Registered
30,979 Posts
Don't you mean next week?

By the way, what happened to Sony? Did they announce anything new? I wonder how long Sony will stay in the projector business when they have large micro-led displays just around the corner?
I guess it depends what price point, you consider, makes it right around the corner. I still think we are several years from this product becoming main stream.

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
For those attending, is there anything on your list that you have to check out when you're there?

I would like to replace my JVC RS-500 with something new and want to take a look at the Monoprice HTP-1.
Im wanting to get a new AT electric screen. Im gunna price and probably order one. We will see.

Other then that I will be trying to experience all the good demos. My mother just got healthy from cancer last year so she is gunna come along with me and get some walking in. Im maximizing as much time with my dear mother as possible after that scare.

·
Registered
30,979 Posts
Im wanting to get a new AT electric screen. Im gunna price and probably order one. We will see.

Other then that I will be trying to experience all the good demos. My mother just got healthy from cancer last year so she is gunna come along with me and get some walking in. Im maximizing as much time with my dear mother as possible after that scare.
Good for her. Will be able to get plenty of walking at CEDIA. :)

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
Has anyone had success with the CEDIA smartphone app? I'm supposed to be going tomorrow for a couple presentations, but the app still has dead links to most everything. Would hate to have to print out my long itinerary.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do I need a business card to get my badge?

This is my first time attending CEDIA. I registered with one of the free codes posted in this forum. I was looking through the CEDIA EXPO FAQ and noticed under the question:

What type of identification is required to pick up my badge?
A valid photo ID and business card for the company that you registered under is required to enter the trade show.
I don't have a business card for the company code I used to register. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
This is my first time attending CEDIA. I registered with one of the free codes posted in this forum. I was looking through the CEDIA EXPO FAQ and noticed under the question:

What type of identification is required to pick up my badge?

I don't have a business card for the company code I used to register. Should I be concerned?

The person I got my badge from only had me show a photo ID. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I ran into Kris Deering and Mike from AVS, along with a number of calibrators (Ken and others). I heard Nigel was around.

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
Are any AVS people meeting up today or tomorrow?

I’️m here with 2 other AVS guys and it would be cool to meet some more people.
I'll be there tomorrow again, but after noon. I couldn't get away earlier. I was there most of today... mostly getting a lay of the land.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts