AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals, i could use some advice. i'm in the process of planning my new house and when talking to the builder, he recommended i place ceiling fans(2) in the home theater. it's going to be a 20x22 room with 9' ceiling height. will the fans be a problem? thanx in advance

Brian

·
Registered
838 Posts
In my light-controlled CRT-based theater, I think the light reflecting off the fan blades would be distracting. Screens are reflective, and it's quite possible that the fans would catch the light and throw it around the room. While you might not notice this in a normal daylit room, it might be very noticeable in a dark room where the only light source is in the front of the room.

These are just my initial thoughts, and may not be true for your particular equipment or room setup.

- Chris

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the response...i plan on using a dlp projector....does anyone have suggestions for how to circulate air in the room besides using ceiling fans?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Plus you would have to hang the projector pretty low from the ceiling, or else you might get shadows on the screen, right?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Fan blades also reflect sound. If you want to circulate air, turn on the fan for the HVAC unit. That's what I do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
GOM the fan blades!

I have the fan thing going and wouldn't have it any other way... I would much rather have it and let the kiddo's and wife hide under a blankie than be uncomfortable. As far as the light and audio reflections, my theater is a dual use living room, so we listen at reference +10 and scold anyone who cracks the fridge...

As for circulating air, you might want to look into venting the DLP to another room via an air duct and fan combination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.