AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing the 7800 from AVS and did a search for ceiling mounts for these but didn't find anything. The two look just alike as far as the case goes and I will take a gamble and assume the mounting is the same. Now, my question: What ceiling mounts are out there for this pj? I'm sure AVS also has a mount, but I want to see what the options are.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The Chief RPA style mounts ( www.chiefmfg.com ) are about the best I've used. They are standard only about 2" thick, so about the smallest on the market. However they also come threaded with a 1.5" hole for a NTP pipe. If you should need to drop it say 2', you just get a pipe and ceiling flange and you are good to go. Slick mounts and relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just did that for my 8700. It is the Chief RPA 560, same for PE8700 and PE7800, and Jason is very correct. I did a bunch of shopping and looking and that is the best for the money that I found. All the adjustments (yaw, twist, and roll) make it perfect when you mount your screen 1/2" off.

A little additional info and OT - Deal with it....

I ordered it and it came with the 4" square ceiling flange included. I went to a plumbing pipe distributor, after doing some calculations, and got the 1-1/2" NPT pipe. 1-1/2" is the inside diameter (outside is around 1-7/8" to 1-15/16", so you can check to make sure you got the right pipe from the distributor), and NPT stands for National Pipe Thread, which tells them the spacing of the threads on the pipe. I learned all this so I thought I would pass it along. Always good to go into a plumbing shop and understand exactly what you are getting.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys:

Mr Rob, I know the pipe you are speaking of. A couple of years ago, I bought an X1 pj and made my own mount from plumbing parts purchased from that oranged colored home improvement chain based out of Atlanta. It worked beautifully! Thanks for the Chief info.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mandarax (Robert Soroka) sells mounts for the 8700. I bought one for mine and it is very well made and very affordable. He makes various drops (the smallest is 4.5" which is what I have) and the mount is adjustable in all directions.

You can send him a private message if you are interested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I e-mailed Mandarax, and he said he was still selling them, and then nothing. I felt like I was bothering him, and probably was. I wrote him a final e-mail after waiting about a week. " are you still there?" and he replied "yes." That was about 3-4 weeks ago. I went with the Chief....

Maybe he was just too busy....Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.