AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to locate a ceiling mount for the Dwin Transvision with a Panamorph lens. My ceiling is vaulted, so I'm going to need a pole extension to ever make this work. Does anyone make a ceiling mount for just the Transvision? I know it's relatively new, but I'm unable to locate anyone. Anyone know of a company who might custom make one? Any way to mount the Panny to the Dwin unit?

Thanks.

-Jeff-

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Jeff, if you take a look at the Universal Mount that Peerless Industures makes for LCD projectors, it appears to me that this might work for the Dwin. Try peerlessindustries.com, and click on the button on the left side for professional products, not on the right side for home products. Then look for LCD projector mounts, and look at the universal mount that fits various projectors. You might also try calling Peerless. I contacted them with a mounting question and they were very, very helpful.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
From what I was told by my dealer yesterday Dwin are making a special extended version of their tilting ceiling bracket. This was designed especially for the Panamorph lens and the Transvision.

DavidW

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
One problem with the Dwin standard mount is that it is designed for a flat ceiling. I looked at it when I initially had the Dwin Transvision, and I determined that it would not work with a sloped ceiling. (I also determined that what Dwin was charging for this mount, given the design and build quality, put it in the category of one of the great rip-offs of all time, but that's another issue.) Anyway, Peerless makes a mounting bracket designed to accomodate sloped ceilings, and it is adjustable for different ceiling slopes. The whole enchilada, including sloped ceiling bracket, extension pole and mounting hardware, will probably save you more than $100 as compared to what the Dwin mount costs.

Of course, if Dwin makes a mount now that can be used with a sloped ceiling, then the Dwim mount might be worthy of further consideration, especially if it can accomodate the Panamorph without difficulty. Then it's extremely high price becomes more tolerable, I guess.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gary,

Would you mind sending me the pictures as well. It appears

I am going to have to mount my Transvision lower than the current mounting bracket will allow. Please send them to [email protected]

Anyone else hear about an integrated mount for the DWIN + Panamorph?

Bruce

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Give Jeff Kilda a call as when I spoke to them about some other matters they told me they are expecting to get some Panamorph's very soon (???) and the bracket will be avaliable shortly after. He was not sure about the cost but $380-$420 was the retail target. No mention about suitability in vaulted ceiling applications.

DavidW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just sent you and e-mail with pictures of what I did with my transvision for the sloped ceiling ( though using stnd lens). Being a newby to the site wasn't sure how to put pictures here ( no website) so I sent them directly.

Basically:

I used two unistruts spanning two rafters.

A plate mounted to them which allows left right movement.

An outdoor horn speaker swivel mount conected to that plate which allows rotation and tilt.

Then a plate at it's other end which is attached to the Dwin Mount.

The pictures I sent will make the description much more clear.

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.