AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like mount my pj, but it in a finished room and no way to rewire electrical and video, what would be the best solution to this problem. I could run wire covers along to wall and to ceiling, but fine for the hdmi cord but issue with an electrical outlet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only for me to do it is rip the drywall off and redo, but I don't the funds to do that. my theater is located downstairs and the ceiling is the floor for the upstairs. there is an outlet in the ceiling that is unused, i mean there is some kind of cap on the ceiling which can be used for a ceiling fan.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I never planned for a PJ in my family/TV/theater room so I never wired in a 30' HDMI cable to the back wall, or stringers to just attach to and fish. Poor planning to say the least, I have now decided to go PJ in the room and it took me 3 1/2 hrs to fish the HDMI cable down insided a wall to the connection point and back threw the ceiling to the PJ point. I wanted everythign hidded and neat, I guess my point is that if there is a will there is a way. You could start the fish and then drill holes ever foot and fish in short sections. Then you only have to repair holes....sorry no better idea.

Phil

·
Registered
61 Posts
run the wire in crown molding.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumala /forum/post/13004322

I would like mount my pj, but it in a finished room and no way to rewire electrical and video, what would be the best solution to this problem. I could run wire covers along to wall and to ceiling, but fine for the hdmi cord but issue with an electrical outlet.

you can grab some plastic wire covers with double sided tape from home depot or lowes.I always use a screw or two ( with stud finder) as the wires can get heavy depending on how many you run.

If you do not have power on ceiling you can simply use Zip cord ,( its the same thing you would use to rewire an ordinary house lamp) it looks like speaker wire ,Don't go crazy with the gauge (14 gauge would be fine ) its available in any length longs as you need ,and its also found in home depot or lowes ect ect). you can place it along side the component wires wit no problem.

Then take your PJ power cord cut and solder shrink wrap to zip cord on both ends.

Also if all the wires fail to fit in the mold you can always spray paint the wires to match ( look at photo with black DVI cable before painting white).

cut thin pieces of double sided tape along side the plastic cover and silicon ( white or clear ) the thick cable along side the plastic molding.

use some thin mechanics wire ( under the plastic molding ) until the silicon dries it wont go anyware afterwards.

cheers

Murph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts