AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my own HT setup (first time), which has been up & running for a few months now. I have an HT1000 (with anamorphic lens) mounted on the ceiling and its a bit ugly up there, see photo.

Does anyone have experience in mounting the projector inside the ceiling? I have 12" of depth inside, which seems like plenty of space. I know I need to consider heat disipation, a panel to access the PJ and an opening for the image to get to the screen.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

·
Registered
898 Posts
DISCLAIMER: I'm not familiar with your specific projector; I have a CRT FP so am answering this with issues which relate probably more to CRT units and which may/may-not be an issue with the HT1000.

Besides the heat/mounting/sound insulation issues, the problem you will run into is projection angle issues and correction. By increasing the down angle of your projector (which will be necessary if you try to move it higher in relation to your screen) the amount of keystone correction will need to be adjusted.

The specs on the HT1000 say +/- 30 degrees digital keystone correction so maybe this is not a problem. How high is your projector mounted now and what size of screen and how high off the floor is it?

Also cutting into the ceiling drywall will allow sound leaking from your HT into the room above.

If aesthetics is your main concern, how about a hushbox?

--curtis

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply CurtisG

I measured my setup - the projector lens is now 13 inches above the screen top and the product manual lists the ideal at 19 inches, so I have 6 inches more before I'm even at the ideal offset. The PJ has a fixed / built-in tilt, since its mounted upside down, the tilt shoots down. So if I mount inside the ceiling - which is about 12 inches higher, I think I'm OK for keystone. My PJ is 11 feet from a 92" diag 16:9 screen, fixed frame mount.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Don't sweat it, thats not ugly.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If that projector was a gal, she'd be referred to as a 2 bag date. Dude, its ugly, but as long as you are happy with it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.