AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I try to figure out all the ins/outs of mounting my potential SP7210, I had some difficulty figuring the image offset. I saw a post by Bob Sorel mentioning something like 16" drop, but he didn't say (or I didn't notice) how he arrived at that figure. I finally found the apparent number to use for InFocus 7210 of .08 offset. I think this is a standard number used across all screen sizes rather than a changing numer depending on screen - right?? And should be independant of throw location - right??

So, bottom line - if my assumptions are correct, then a 123" Firehawk should be mounted with the top edge of the screen (not the frame) at 9.84" below the center of the ceiling mounted lens. I was planning a throw mount at max distance to give me a minimum screen of 123" (which is 18.6' mount). I read somewhere here that mounting that way was best vs. what I had assumed about mounting in the middle of the optics range rather than at either limit. I hope this makes sense and someone can verify at least the offset calculation.

I don't know how close to the ceiling the standard mount is and assume there is at least a drop of another 6-8" for the projector body and connections. So, I guess the center of the lens will be about 5-10" from the ceiling, then the top of the screen about 10" below that. A 123" screen is about 60" tall, so bottom of the screen should be about 80" from the ceiling or something similar. If you all don't have the headache I just gave myself with that math, does it seem close or is it way off somehow and/or am I missing something obvious? Thanks (I know, lots of questions, and I do search first, really.)

Ray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.