AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Sharp Z9000 and I am going to ceiling mount it about 16' away from a 100" 16:9 screen. My question is, does the projector have to be level with the top of the screen (do I need a down-pole?) or can I mount it with the Sharp or Chief mounting system. My ceiling is 8' 9" tall and the top of the screen will be approximately 2 feet below that.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I also have a Sharp Z9000 that is ceiling mounted. You will need to get the center of the lens right at the top of the screen or just a little below to be on the safe side. In your case if I'm getting your numbers right, the top of your screen is 6' 9" from the floor. Therefore, the center of the Z9000 lens needs to be 6' 9" from the floor (two feet from the ceiling) or just a little lower (ie 6' 8" for example). The lens shift function works as long as the center of the lens is somewhere within the screen space. You will obviously need a mounting pole to drop the projector a couple feet down from the ceiling. I use the Sharp ceiling mount and pole, it works great. Hope this helps, enjoy your projector!

mooneycj

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PJ manual is not exactly clear about it. It appears to say that you can have a distance of 4'1" from the center of the lens to the lower edge of the screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.