AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HD65. I am mounting it on my basements ceiling. I have two questions. First, I could mount it directly to the bottom of my I-Beam, or mount it to the ceiling just in front of the I-beam but I'd have to use an extension to get the pj lower than my duct work. The I-Beam is just about right for elevation to clear the ducts. Which method would be better?

Either way, I want a quick detach system included in the mount so I can take the pj down off the ceiling when not in use. I have a 3 year and a 5 year old, both boys, that both love to throw stuff!! Which mount would fit the bill?

I want to stay under $50.

Thanks for the help.

Jeremiah

·
Registered
504 Posts
Rather than a quick detach system perhaps it would be better to build an enclosure for the projector. Taking the projector up and down in my experience always results in realigning, refocusing, etc., and that gets old fast.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you do go for an enclosure, you must make sure it is well ventilated on all sides for free movement of air, otherwise the projector will overheat and shutdown.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Here is the mount I made / bought. It is a couple chief mounts bolted face to face and then I built (prototype) a Tee slot base to screw to the ceiling (joists) and allow side to side adjustment of the projector. The rest of the adjustments can be done with the mount and zoom. But nothing I found did a good job of side to side.

The added bonus is it's very easy to remove from the ceiling. Just slide it out the end, and comes back very close when I reinstall it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use my business projector in my home theater when I'm not using it on the road. I purchased this mount: http://cgi.ebay.com/CEILING-MOUNT-fo...item3348bbaea5

and have been really happy with it. I just replace one of the bolts with a thumbscrew and wing nut. It takes about a minute to unplug the wires and pull it off of the mount. It take a little bit longer to re-aim it once it is replaced on the mount, but only a couple of minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts