AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll post this here instead of the sub 3k forum since my next projector will be +3k, and that's when I'll need a new mount or use the existing one.

Anyways, here's my sitituation, I have an Epson HC720 projector ceiling mounted with a Sanus VMPR1. My HT is in my basement right under my family room where I have two kids (4, 1 1/2) that like to jump around, etc. What I've found is that I have to quite often adjust the vertical lens shift on the projector because of the activity going on above. The mount will also move slightly so that the left of the image is above the right (or vice versa). I can easily adjust this, but I can't think it's good for the projector.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? Is it the way the Epson does it's lens shift (dials)? Can I get a better mount?

Basically I don't want to shell out 3k+ on a new projector and have to continue doing this (especially if the chance of damage to the projector is there).

Any ideas (with the exception of telling my kids to quit jumping around
)?

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I dont know what the Sanus looks like or how its built. We sell Chief mounts which are built like tanks. Having said that, if your kids are shaking their floor (your ceiling) i would assume that the projector will move no matter what mount you get. On the other hand, my projector seems to be held very tightly by the mount so while the ceiling may move and the mount may move with it, the chief mount would hold the projector in place.

You can see that I cant make up my mind. Sorry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Speaking of ceiling mounts, I took down my Ruby from the ceiling to send it to Texas for service (brand new bulb is definitely dim!). The two carpenters who helped bring it down agreed with me that the SONY ceiling mount -- the expensive one, was about $600 or something like that -- is nuts! Had three large bolts to hold the mount to the ceiling, but three tiny screws to hold the projector to the mount! Can someone explain how large bolts help when in the chain of support are these tiny screws? And if this thing ever fell, it would clip the back of my head neatly.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I have a P{eerless mount on one of my projectors and it periodically creeps a bit and needs to be readjusted. My Chief mounts lock down real solid. I believe I have seen in in the Chief catalog an isolating assembly to decouple the ceiling mount from vibrational movement from the floor above the ceiling. Its called the CMA 345 ceiling plate. There is also another isolater in the Chief catalog that joins and decouples two ceiling poles to prevent vibrations induced from the ceiling and its mounting flange in the top pole from the bottom pole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.