Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I don`t have a CRT (yet) but I am reading on this forum that ceiling mounting screens tend to wrinkle. As I don`t have loads of cash, i want the cheapest screen available, in 16:9 format say 90" wide, and i think it will be a ceiling mounted one.

The other option is to completely re-organize my living room, which I really don`t like to do, but I then have a clean wall to project on...

So will I be satisfied with a ceiling mount rol-off screen, and what will it aprox cost me?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Some hanging screens do have wrinkles in them. I've read that if you leave it unfurled it can help. Some also tension the screen with bungee hooks to remove the lines.

Do you have a reason not to go with a fixed screen? Asthetics?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would go with a wall mounted screen if you can. No wrinkles, no movement from wind, kids, dogs etc.

I have a Sony 1272 with a 100 inch Draper Cineperm screen that is wall mounted.. 1.3 It has a fantastic picture. And the Cineperm is easy to clean, no worry about damaging it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Samshort
I would go with a wall mounted screen if you can. No wrinkles, no movement from wind, kids, dogs etc.

I have a Sony 1272 with a 100 inch Draper Cineperm screen that is wall mounted.. 1.3 It has a fantastic picture. And the Cineperm is easy to clean, no worry about damaging it.
Just wait till your kids play Star Wars lightsabre duel, and one of them whacks the screen. A real lightsabre can cut through a blast door; didn't you see Phantom Menace?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.