AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered my Infocus 4805 last night and replaced it with the Mits 4900. I used the mounting bracket I ordered from Infocus for the 4805. I had to drill one new hole in the mounting bracket to make align with the three screw holes on the 4900. The way the Infocus bracket centered over the holes in the 4805 placed the center of the bracket pretty near the center of balance of the PJ. The three holes in the 4900 are so far aft that the whole thing is much more heavily weighted in the front. The bracket uses a ball that allows a full range of motion of the PJ and locks down with a single set screw. This became a handful with the unbalanced PJ.

Once it's set up, tough, it's done, at least it's done until the off balance PJ starts to slip. Are there any ceiling mounts that allow adjustments to be made in a single direction by simply turning adjustment screws rather than the ball joint "all or nothing" adjustment?

TIA,

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy_joel /forum/post/12910422

I lowered my Infocus 4805 last night and replaced it with the Mits 4900. I used the mounting bracket I ordered from Infocus for the 4805. I had to drill one new hole in the mounting bracket to make align with the three screw holes on the 4900. The way the Infocus bracket centered over the holes in the 4805 placed the center of the bracket pretty near the center of balance of the PJ. The three holes in the 4900 are so far aft that the whole thing is much more heavily weighted in the front. The bracket uses a ball that allows a full range of motion of the PJ and locks down with a single set screw. This became a handful with the unbalanced PJ.

Once it's set up, tough, it's done, at least it's done until the off balance PJ starts to slip. Are there any ceiling mounts that allow adjustments to be made in a single direction by simply turning adjustment screws rather than the ball joint "all or nothing" adjustment?

TIA,

I POSTED about my Positive Experience with the Monoprice Ceiling Bracket/Mount with Pics and Tips (for a 12-13 pound projector).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It definitely solves the COG issue. How does one adjust the orientation of the PJ itself? Or is it assumed that the mount will keep it parallel to the ceiling in both orientations and that will be sufficient?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy_joel /forum/post/12919957

Thanks for the reply. It definitely solves the COG issue. How does one adjust the orientation of the PJ itself? Or is it assumed that the mount will keep it parallel to the ceiling in both orientations and that will be sufficient?

Thanks again,

It can be adjusted, both at the ceiling joint and projector joint. More details are available at Monoprice's website.

I did tighten those joints before installation and they can be still adjusted.

If you have additional questions, please post them in that 4900 ceiling mount thread (that is the one I monitor).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts