AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, trying to pick your brains on the best option for the new theater before I go ahead with wiring..

I'm using an LT150 (NOT the Z) at around 14' throw distance for a 58"x104" ,16x9 screen and I'm still stuck on the choice of either ceiling mounted with a reflective screen of table-top mounted with a retro reflective screen....any thoughts?....experiences?...whatever?

L8R

Pigsy

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
At that size screen you are probably going to need more gain and the retroreflective screens require table mounting. Good results have been obtained by forum members with the High Power screen.

I went 52x92 ceiling mounted with a Firehawk and have stopped tweeking for the moment.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Since it seems like you are still in the construction phase of your HT project, I would recommend ceiling mounting. The convinience of having the projector and wiring out of the way should not be minimized.

After installing your projector, I would recommend getting screen samples from DaLite, Stewart or even the parkland stuff, trying them out first to see which of the materials you are comfortable with.

There are some factors that should affect your selection i.e.: How much ambient light is present and what degree of control do you have over it.

Also, what would your normal viewing angle be?

BTW, I helped select and install a dalite Hi-Power screen for a friend's LT150 (later replaced by a 150Z by NEC :)) and we used the methodology stated above.

Andrew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.