AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to upgrade the ceiling speakers in my office. Currently I have 8 basic 8" speakers and looking to upgrade to a higher end. I am currently not looking to add a sub at this time but may in the future. The room that I am needing to fill with sound is a large. They will only be used for music. I do however want to be able to turn it up and have high quality sound without any distortion. Also recommendations on the best places to purchase all equipment would help tremendously. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is not the correct forum but I will need to upgrade the amplifier so help or recommendations there is also needed. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

·
Registered
505 Posts
you will need to find out what type of speakers and how the existing speakers are wired. you said office, so this is in a commercial building? Chances are, they are probably 70v type speakers/system. The wiring is diff than 4/8ohm system, just replacing the speakers might not achieve your goal, as you might need to rewire the whole set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you will need to find out what type of speakers and how the existing speakers are wired. you said office, so this is in a commercial building? Chances are, they are probably 70v type speakers/system. The wiring is diff than 4/8ohm system, just replacing the speakers might not achieve your goal, as you might need to rewire the whole set up.
They are 70v speakers. Are there any decent 70v speakers or would you recommend the upgrade to a 4/8ohm system?

·
Registered
505 Posts
if you want to 'upgrade' to 4/8 ohm speakers, you will most likely need to rewire and a new amp, so this will turn into a big job and you are basically replacing everything. The cheapest and easiest way is just replace the existing 70v speakers with some 'audiophile' 70v speakers, but I am not too familiar with 70v speakers. Bogen do have a line of 'high fidelity' in ceiling 70v speakers. they don't look too bad, but once again, I know nothing about 70v system to make any recommendation. Good luck!
http://www.bogen.com/products/conespeakers/#hifidelity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts