AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my family room redone and due to the wife factor I will be using ceiling speakers for my rear surrounds. I've picked up a pair of AIM8 4' directional ceiling speakers - I'm trying to determine what the proper placement of these speakers will be - My couch will be directly against the back wall.

I can not find any advice as to where these speakers should be mounted - Should they be directly/straight across from my main speakers which would place them at the very corner of the couch? Or should I place them a couple of feet further away from the couch (by the windows/table in the PDF) and point them towards the listening area?

I've attached PDF's of my cabinet/main speaker location and of the room layout - Any help would really be appreciated

cabinet.pdf 35.1953125k . file

entertainmentcenter.pdf 75.8447265625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
With a 5.1 system, the rear channels are supposed to go to the side of the listening position. Dolby Recommended Room Layout might have some better information for you.

I am not sure how to best set it up for in ceiling speakers, but I would guess that a few feet away from the couch and pointed towards the listening position would probably work best. You might want to experiment with where you point them as well, perhaps angling off of the back or side walls might give a more enveloping experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.