AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm having my family room remodeled and due to the "Wife Factor" I had to settle on in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds - I went with a pair of AIM 8's - I'm trying to determine the proper placement of these speakers - I'm not sure if they should be parallel to my mains or since they have directional tweeters, should they be an addition 2 or 3 feet off the mains for better imaging? I cant really find any guidelines - I've attached 2 PDF's which show my entertainment center, along with the room layout - The speakers in the entertainment center are parallel to the arms on the couch - I was thinking I would place the speakers 2 - 3 feet off the couch on either side and direct the tweeters towards the listening area - Another caveat - The couch will be directly against the wall unfortunatly. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

entertainmentcenter.pdf 75.8447265625k . file

cabinet.pdf 35.1953125k . file

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Sorry I can't open your images. But take a look at my webshots pictures. Maybe it will help if you see where I place'd my in-ceilings. Just trying to help.

But I think I would place the speakers 2-3 ft off the couch like you said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.