AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on what I can use as celing stars in my HT? I was going to do fiber optics, but what an expensive pain. Anyone else use glow in the dark paint? Where can I get it? Any other ideas? Thanks..

Steve

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have heard good things about painting your ceiling a dark color (black/navy blue) and then stringing white/clear x-mass lights all over in a none pattern way. then putting a slightly transparent fabric over that. You can make them blink or not blink.

Another way to do this is if you have ceiling tiles, you can push the lights through and then cover the tile in fabric, or POSSIBLY not push the light through all the way, but just enough to see it shine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
How about glow-in-the-dark stars? I think toy stores or maybe Edmund Scientific sells them. My niece used to have them in her bedroom. Pretty cool. Don't remember if they're stickers or plastic stars, but they shouldn't be hard to find. Maybe Learningsmith or the like.

Dave

·
Registered
461 Posts
My girlfriend has glow in the dark stars, Plastic, green or yellowish in color. The thing I don't like about them that you can't turn them off, and they do look like stars, as in 5 points, real stars don't have five points, but the glow in the dark paint may look better. It all depends on what you want.

Remember you can't turn them off, but then again, they don't glow for that long anyway with out a "recharge" of light. Maybe get a black light in your room.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have your children get perfect scores on their tests in school, then take the stars off them. :D Do they still do that? My kids don't get perfect scores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.