AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ceiling max gird and radar tiles in the basement and will start working on them this week, any last minute tips or tricks besides whats on the ceiling max sheet?

Also made more progress on the theatre, I insulated and built the riser, filled the stage with sand which I will top off and seal tonight. Stained the boards that go ontop of the stage. Painted the room with 2 coats and insulated the ceiling.

Pics OF PROGRESS AT

http://www.pbase.com/pestario/home_theatre&page=all

·
Registered
832 Posts
When you're putting up the long runners, consider using some type of rigid board as a guide to make sure they're going up nice and straight. The pvc has lots of play in it and it'll flex, bend and wander all over the place. I will definitely use a straightedge as I start doing the rest of the basement.

I just started from the center of the room, and worked my way out to the sides. Using a chalkline for anything other than the first line seemed like a waste in retrospect, since the cross t's acted as a spacer anyway (as long as you at least make certain the first one is nice and square).

Eric.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I started the small ceiling yesterday and think I may have gotten the hang of it, well see how far I get tonight :)

Did you find working from the center out easier? It sounds easier to me too, but they recommended starting from the shorten sides

·
Registered
832 Posts
hmmn. I thought they recommended from the center. At least for hanging the grid, for the tiles I filled in from the outside.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it seems to be going better now that I am in the larger area, the smaller area looks like it go slightly crooked but I hate to think about taking it out.

Have you had to remove any of the ceiling panels? They would seem to be a pain to move.

Also how did you get the last tiles in a run in, they are a pain.

If any ones interested there are a few more pics at

http://www.pbase.com/pestario/inbox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.